Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is Ayumi just a big copycat? (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118091)

ayu-michan 18th June 2013 11:53 PM

Don't you call it "bought the song" ?? This is why I like Japan, the singer can buy the songs for all I care, but no one really says anything. In vietnam, whenever they hear some song that is familiar to a K-pop song, they blame the singer that they copy the music. It's so annoying. :no

mecury2511 19th June 2013 05:29 AM

Avex already paid for the song, ayu also wrote the composer name on the booklet :D

anw, I like Tell Me Why more, ayu has powerful voice here :))

microphone 19th June 2013 05:55 AM

Ivi's 'Sose Me' is by far my preferred version. Ayu's "Oh woah woah"s are just plain bad. Anyway, you see now that Ayu bought the rights to use the melody. Yes?

terra 19th June 2013 06:37 AM

^I don't think the thread poster is even here anymore :P lol

emi♡ 19th June 2013 09:11 AM

...it's not a copy, or a cover.

She has the rights to the song, just like the other person does.

Neither of them wrote it.

My god. If you want to call her a copy cat, get her for copying Madonna or something...not a bunch of songs that are hers.

Andrenekoi 27th June 2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emi♡ (Post 3009010)
...it's not a copy, or a cover.

She has the rights to the song, just like the other person does.

Neither of them wrote it.

My god. If you want to call her a copy cat, get her for copying Madonna or something...not a bunch of songs that are hers.

AT02... The poor man's Drowned World Tour. :love

artcika 27th June 2013 10:52 AM

actually someone tracked down teh song way before it was even released on PQ and posted it here, just from hearign a preview snippet, i clearly remember that.

And um as veryone else already said, Avex bought the rights to use it so. It's all legal and normal.

and apparently the OP is a new soul in Ayu's world so i don't think it is nescesarry to go saying rude stuff.

Andrenekoi 28th June 2013 05:12 AM

"Is Ayumi just a big copycat?"
This is a very strange choice of words just IMO.

khan5 28th June 2013 05:31 PM

i don't think its a problem if she has a similar melody to another song as long as she credited the composer, its just like with the songs on the missunderstood album, i would find it would be a problem if she didnt write the lyrics and said it was hers. However ayu did write the lyrics .

happiholic★ 28th June 2013 07:02 PM

Nothing in pop music is original anymore. And besides, this is how songs are made. We don't see what goes on behind the scenes of music making. This happens all the time, I'm sure.

Kuronekomi 28th June 2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jean-baptiste (Post 3008599)
No wonder that's the only song I like from Party queen. It's a cover...

from my point of view is the only song I don't like in party queen^^

~.:*:.YaSuMi.:*:.~ 29th June 2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by & + H (Post 3008579)
Big copy cat.

I remember there was a post about this, I can't seem to remember where.

I think you and the author of this thread should try to get more information before accusing of the copy cat thing. As the others already said, the rights to this song were purchased.

terra 29th June 2013 03:42 AM

^Ikr, the way the author phrase "Is Ayumi just a big copycat" made her sounds super awful while this thread only asking about Tell me why, geez -_-

I admit in the past she 'copycat' some things from Madonna or Kylie Minogue or other western singers, but lately she didn't do that much imo in any case she's more inspired by rather than copying while defining her own style.

jean-baptiste 29th June 2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuronekomi (Post 3011653)
from my point of view is the only song I don't like in party queen^^

We must have polar opposite tastes in music. :P

~.:*:.YaSuMi.:*:.~ 29th June 2013 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terra (Post 3011715)
^Ikr, the way the author phrase "Is Ayumi just a big copycat" made her sounds super awful while this thread only asking about Tell me why, geez -_-

I admit in the past she 'copycat' some things from Madonna or Kylie Minogue or other western singers, but lately she didn't do that much imo in any case she's more inspired by rather than copying while defining her own style.

I don't think she ever "copied" anything, besides the MTRL girl logo thing... she always mentioned Madonna as her inspiration and even those websites that claim that Ayu is a copy cat by posting pictures of "similarities" with the costumes (of Madonna, Gaga, Britney, Christina, etc), it is not even identical. The costumes might have similarities but that doesn't mean it's a copy-cat thing. Nowadays everyone grabs inspiration and ideas from other artists, authors, and yet people are always trying to make it look like a bad thing.

Andrenekoi 29th June 2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~.:*:.YaSuMi.:*:.~ (Post 3011721)
I don't think she ever "copied" anything, besides the MTRL girl logo thing... she always mentioned Madonna as her inspiration and even those websites that claim that Ayu is a copy cat by posting pictures of "similarities" with the costumes (of Madonna, Gaga, Britney, Christina, etc), it is not even identical. The costumes might have similarities but that doesn't mean it's a copy-cat thing. Nowadays everyone grabs inspiration and ideas from other artists, authors, and yet people are always trying to make it look like a bad thing.

Watch AT02 and Drowned World Tour... Half of AT02 uses copied concepts and outfits...

mizuki-7 29th June 2013 09:58 AM

^
Yes this one is very inspired ! that was the time when Avex wanted to make her look like the asian Madonna ! But she is far to be the only Namie Amuro looked very much like J-lo when she began to make R&b & hip hop etc... (for exemple)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~.:*:.YaSuMi.:*:.~ (Post 3011721)

These websites are so funny because these similarity are so dubious ... Of course she has been inspired by the big names like every body on the pop scene ! sometime They take just one little details and they call her copy cat ...

http://jpoptrash.nihon-fr.com/copie/kylie.jpg

Just because she has pigtails -_-'

http://jpoptrash.nihon-fr.com/copie/...d84203e547.jpg

just because she is on the road ...

marty 29th June 2013 10:12 AM

Well, sometimes it's so painfully obvious that's almost irritating (still watching the motorcycle scene in Starting makes me cringe from how much is taken from Toxic by Britney) but still, Ayu is one of the few singer outside whom clearly put her vision in everything she does. I find it easier to forgive "inspirations" from someone whom usually use her head to deliver beautiful things.
People tend to forget most singer put just their face and style in their work: people like Ayu put more, and I don't mean just the lyrics.

mizuki-7 29th June 2013 10:40 AM

The whole Startin MV was a parodie but if you don't know Ayu yes you will think it's a rip off of Toxic lol but it's also the fault of the director of the MV even if Ayu is very implicated she must follow the script !

CatGirl 29th June 2013 02:01 PM

The motorcycle scene in the Startin' MV reminds me way more of Kill Bill than anything, haha. Also, I'm surprised that You & Me/We Found Love hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet >_> That's Ayu's worst offense when it comes to ~*inspiration from other artists*~ imo