Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary ~ [III] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124022)

Aderianu 7th April 2018 04:05 PM

ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary ~ [III]

https://i.imgur.com/IUKj6ta.png

01. 2018.04.07 - Saitama: Saitama Super Arena
02. 2018.04.08 - Saitama: Saitama Super Arena
03. 2018.04.21 - Aichi: NGK Hall
04. 2018.04.22 - Aichi: NGK Hall
05. 2018.05.12 - Fukuoka: Marine Messe Fukuoka
06. 2018.05.13 - Fukuoka: Marine Messe Fukuoka
07. 2018.05.19 - Hiroshima: Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall
08. 2018.06.16 - Ishikawa: Ishikawa Sangyo Tenjikan
09. 2018.06.23 - Miyagi: Xebio Arena Sendai
10. 2018.07.21 - Osaka: Osaka-Jo Hall
11. 2018.07.22 - Osaka: Osaka-Jo Hall

-=SETLIST=-
Spoiler:
01. forgiveness
02. evolution
-Interlude-
03. A Song for XX
04. Mad World
05. ever free
-Interlude-
06. SEASONS
07. TO BE
08. how beautiful you are
-Interlude-
09. BRILLANTE
-Diary (by miccie)
-Interlude-
10. Bold & Delicious
11. Born To Be...
12. NEXT LEVEL
ENCORE
13. Curtain call / new song at final day
14. SURREAL
15. Boys & Girls
16. A song born

-=PHOTOS=-

Tour goods: http://ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124007
Previous thread: http://ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123966

tokyoxjapanxfan 7th April 2018 04:06 PM

Wow I like the logo so much more in yellow xD

CeReSu 7th April 2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3268866)
Wow I like the logo so much more in yellow xD

me too!!

Ad Eternam 7th April 2018 04:28 PM

The setlist is AMAZING!

hud 7th April 2018 04:37 PM

the logo looks better in yellow indeed. lol

the setlist is nice! I was hoping for a new song or something like she did with Party queen when she performed it live before releasing but that's okay. looks like she focused more on the music this time and I'm happy to hear that!

RealLight 7th April 2018 05:11 PM

I just noticed Miccie sang Diary.

Eh, couldn't Ayu have just covered it? Lol, the song is nice but I really don't like Miccie's voice.

Sky High 7th April 2018 05:13 PM

Love that she changed logo color. :)

roxaskh2fm 7th April 2018 05:33 PM

I just want her to change A song is born :X
Really don't like this song. Put Who please

Katsuyuki012 7th April 2018 05:42 PM

Stage pics:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhRlPg4AC5y/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhRlf_mAuE5/

A-a-Ayu video
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhRlYt9g05K/

Looks kinda small, scaled down (JTB Cpt. was amazing; likr baby AT08 IMO) but I personally like it a lot.

adrtwb 7th April 2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxaskh2fm (Post 3268905)
I just want her to change A song is born :X
Really don't like this song. Put Who please

YES, change it to Who... or MY ALL. Either is fine.

280301 7th April 2018 05:52 PM

I like the setlist. I hope that she chops and changes a few songs, however. As others said in the previous thread, it would be nice to see reminds me or identity. A mix between super popular tracks and less popular/rarities would be the best, I feel.

pheonixflame15 7th April 2018 05:57 PM

Bigger question is did she actually sing ever free. Thank god SURREAL is by itself. Otherwise I feel let down over the set list.

Katsuyuki012 7th April 2018 05:59 PM

^she did, it was already confirmed in previous thread, maybe you should check that one before asking questions, since some might be answered there already.

RealLight 7th April 2018 06:01 PM

^ :shakehead

truehappiness 7th April 2018 06:31 PM

As far as Ayu goes, I did kind of expect new outfits. Her thing lately seems to be to start with old ones and rotate other ones in later. She even did it in other tours with 'unfinished' versions of some outfits that were new though.

Linza-mo 7th April 2018 06:33 PM

ooh ! I love the balloons part haha !
The setlist is ok, not the perfect setlist for me but I'm pretty surprised by her choice !

About the concert, I know everybody expect something BIG for her 20th anniversary, but can she do everytime bigger. I don't think so.

And she said the main theme was the MUSIC so... it's what she did isn't it ?
it's not the easiest choice (and maybe that's why she's not perfectly satisfied) but it's her choice, be focus on song, voice and arrangements... we can't says that it's everytime the same =D

But when I read "no effort", I wonder if people forget who she is...

I remember that a lot of people complained about the first power of music because there has not a lot of outfit and staging haha

The first, and the only, tour I saw was the Hotel love song, the last show on DVD was better than the first I saw in saitama,I was surprised !

Sometimes I think we are spoiled child haha

Well, I hope everyone had good time anyway and I really can't wait to go in July !

Thanks for your review ! =)

maxikot 7th April 2018 06:36 PM

^ I totally agree Linza-mo!

Katsuyuki012 7th April 2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linza-mo (Post 3268934)
ooh ! I love the balloons part haha !
The setlist is ok, not the perfect setlist for me but I'm pretty surprised by her choice !

About the concert, I know everybody expect something BIG for her 20th anniversary, but can she do everytime bigger. I don't think so.

And she said the main theme was the MUSIC so... it's what she did isn't it ?
it's not the easiest choice (and maybe that's why she's not perfectly satisfied) but it's her choice, be focus on song, voice and arrangements... we can't says that it's everytime the same =D

But when I read "no effort", I wonder if people forget who she is...

I remember that a lot of people complained about the first power of music because there has not a lot of outfit and staging haha

The first, and the only, tour I saw was the Hotel love song, the last show on DVD was better than the first I saw in saitama,I was surprised !

Sometimes I think we are spoiled child haha

Well, I hope everyone had good time anyway and I really can't wait to go in July !

Thanks for your review ! =)

+1

Gorgonia 7th April 2018 06:45 PM

I would be satisfied even with a show without any stage decoration nor flashy dresses. I’m used to attending shows where there is nothing but the band onstage, doing what people actually like them for, their music.

Let’s focus on the music and how she delivers each and every song.

chantaising 7th April 2018 07:24 PM

I had attended today’s show.
Opening song has no intro, no tension or whatsoever and it’s the exact copy of 11’PoM version of forgiveness. Come on! It’s a 20th anniversary tour. Give people something to treasure the past 20 years together. It doesn’t feel like an anniversary live at all!!

Has anyone noticed that she broke into tears at the last few high notes in To Be....., I don’t think it’s because the song was so touching that made her cry. I think it’s because she could hit those high notes. To be honest, i had attended her show 45 times. Her voice is broken for sure and i think she knows it too!

An anniversary show ended with A song os born, wtf?! And it’s recycled from last PoM tour as well. How disappointing

Good thing is she finally sang ever free, I’ve been waiting for 17years! I think i may know the reasonwhy. Her singing career seems heading to an end and sadly it may happen pretty soon. Hope I’m wrong

Born to be is a nice surprise, finally it’s sung in a tour not just CDL. Downside is, it’s another recycled version from past concert. I was so disappointed that i had a heartache soon after the concert finished.

The title “20th anniversary” is a big misleading ticket selling gimmick! And I don’t see how this tour’s ticket is more expensive than the last one. Certainly don’t see the upgrade in performance.

Now I look back, what did “Just the beginning-20-“ mean in last year tour????
Now I’m so confused
I thought it would lead to something big in the 20th anniversary year, I haven’t seen it though =(

maxikot 7th April 2018 09:09 PM

I don't want to sound bitter chantaising and you are entitled to your opinion (plus you being there in person makes you already credible in some way) but there is so much negativity in your post and even this mean comment about the reason for her crying. Considering we got a good amount of positive feedback I will hope that in the end it's a good show. Also, I think it's kind of hard to please everybody.
Was it the first time you were so displeased with her show?

hud 7th April 2018 09:17 PM

sad to see people so disappointed with the first show. I mean, it's a nice setlist but it seems like people were expecting way more. :(

RealLight 7th April 2018 09:19 PM

"Seems" is an understatement. We WERE expecting more, it's her 20th anniversary after all.

Katsuyuki012 7th April 2018 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxikot (Post 3268956)
I don't want to sound bitter chantaising and you are entitled to your opinion (plus you being there in person makes you already credible in some way) but there is so much negativity in your post and even this mean comment about the reason for her crying. Considering we got a good amount of positive feedback I will hope that in the end it's a good show. Also, I think it's kind of hard to please everybody.

Couldn't have said it better tbh.

FoxyPinkGirl 7th April 2018 09:28 PM

What is your problem Katsuyuki012? You’re such a negative person:no

polka-dot-jewel 7th April 2018 09:28 PM

Just because this tour is only between April and July, doesn't mean we don't have until April of next year to continue celebrating her 20th anniversary. Yes, we've seen her go bigger for her 5th, 10th and 15th... Either she has nothing up her sleeves, or she has a lot more planned.

Also, I've never gotten the sense she gets upset because she can, or can't, hit the notes. Obviously her fake crying is fake, but the genuine crying seems done because she's honestly touched by her own words, and really being in the moment.

FoxyPinkGirl 7th April 2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polka-dot-jewel (Post 3268965)
Just because this tour is only between April and July, doesn't mean we don't have until April of next year to continue celebrating her 20th anniversary. Yes, we've seen her go bigger for her 5th, 10th and 15th... Either she has nothing up her sleeves, or she has a lot more planned.

Also, I've never gotten the sense she gets upset because she can, or can't, hit the notes. Obviously her fake crying is fake, but the genuine crying seems done because she's honestly touched by her own words, and really being in the moment.

I’m totally with you 100%

Katsuyuki012 7th April 2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxyPinkGirl (Post 3268964)

Why? I'm negative for agreeing that the TO BE comment was kinda mean? Or because I said that they might as well check the previous thread, which is just a good thing to do cuz it'll answer many questions maybe? Or cuz I do like the stage and setlist?

Obviously I have things I feel negative about as well but I don't know what made you say this thing rn if I had to be honest.

CeReSu 7th April 2018 09:36 PM

I think (and it is my opinion) that when you love someone (here, as a big fan), you always expecting something more.
Ayu is a model for a lot of us, and it is normal we wish for something to remember.

I listen to Ayu's music since 13 years now and I try to be objective at each new song or tour but it is not always easy to like what she does now.

I miss the time when we had singles and an album was following.
I was so excited back then. New tour felt fresh with new concepts, it was so cool at this time.

Now I just have the feeling that Ayu doesn't put her heart into her music or shows (that's how I see it, I know she does) because it is (nearly) the same thing again and again.

I'm sure she's capable of doing great and new things, even with 20 years behind her.
After all, she's Ayumi Hamasaki. She has to remember that.
She used to be the best of all. Come on Ayu :)

So, here my honest opinion. I love Ayu so much and I just want the better for her, but for us too, as fans. I hope the tour will surprise me when I'll see it but right now, I'm disappointed by the concept and the setlist. For an anniversary, I wished something amazing to remember in ten years ;)

Gorgonia 7th April 2018 09:37 PM

I love the conspiracy created around the TO BE tears. Why do we pretend to know or guess reasons for something we are oblivious about? Why couldn’t it be emotional tears? Maybe she started crying because someone in the front row smelled like onions... or it was aliens making her cry... or maybe it was just tears.

Gorgonia 7th April 2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxyPinkGirl (Post 3268964)

I’ve read lots of his comments and they were rather logical or sensible... there are by far a lot more negative comments coming from 90% of the people that post here than from him. The massive whining is real today.

attractive nausea 7th April 2018 09:56 PM

Out of 16 tracks performed today, here are the one we've already seen in PoM 2011 DVD :
- forgiveness
- BRILLANTE
- SEASONS
- Bold & Delicious
- evolution
- Boys and Girls
- Born to be...
- A song is born

Which means that out of 16 songs, 8 of them have been performed with the same outfits (not all of them but you get the idea) and the same arrangement (unless someone who attended today says otherwise) as the first PoM, even Catcher in the Light and the intro is the same

That represents 50% of the show, 50% of this new show is recycled

So this means we get a new tour, which is a PoM 2011 version 2, except with less budget, less songs, less orchestra, less magic.

This is why i'm mad, she has hundreds of songs, and she decides to just take half the songs from a tour she's done before, and just make a replica of it.

I really hope she changes the setlist, because i'm not flying to Japan to see this.

hud 7th April 2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealLight (Post 3268961)
"Seems" is an understatement. We WERE expecting more, it's her 20th anniversary after all.

I'm curious cuz it seems like she's focusing more on the music this time and I'm here for it tbh, but I'm not attending so I get that people who are spending lots of money on it would rather watch a bigger show than what she's presenting right now. I agree it's not the time to focus "only" on the music since it's a commemorative tour. and the fact that half of the show is recycled doesn't help either, but I'm here for little changes here and there so when the final show comes, everybody can be satisfied. (maybe not the ones that went to the first show/s and won't attend the rest though)

adrtwb 7th April 2018 10:22 PM

to me, the concept and the planning of this tour is very immature, i know it will change and probably leads to the best towards the end, but that is not fair for fans who attends the first few shows watching a show that is like half-ready?

hud 7th April 2018 10:36 PM

I don't think it's fair, too.

Aokani 7th April 2018 10:47 PM

It was not a good plan to start this tour so soon after the last one. Feels like she needed more time to prepare for her 20th Anniversary.
And we know from the TA entry how busy she has been between the two tours.

At least I'm super happy she finally sang ever free.

LOGMAN 7th April 2018 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by attractive nausea (Post 3268975)
Out of 16 tracks performed today, here are the one we've already seen in PoM 2011 DVD :
- forgiveness
- BRILLANTE
- SEASONS
- Bold & Delicious
- evolution
- Boys and Girls
- Born to be...
- A song is born

Which means that out of 16 songs, 8 of them have been performed with the same outfits (not all of them but you get the idea) and the same arrangement (unless someone who attended today says otherwise) as the first PoM, even Catcher in the Light and the intro is the same.

FWIW Evolution was a totally different arrangement to what we’ve previously seen

njanjayrp 8th April 2018 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOGMAN (Post 3268989)
FWIW Evolution was a totally different arrangement to what we’ve previously seen

Not so different than the version she did during Made in Japan though. I dunno the only songs that sounded different than what we have previously heard were next level, ever free and surreal. I couldn’t even tell she would sing next level until she started singing as the arrangement is so different. Oh yeah and the MC before B&D was so tiring and long it killed all the fun(k) for me.

Oh and you all know I adore this woman to death, this is the 7th year in a row that I am here to see her and this is just too far from what she can do. And saying it’s all about music this time isn’t completely true, she sure tries to make it seems so, but she had set some standards for her self and this simply isn’t good enough. This year so many people including myself wore the old t shirts, because the new ones were so bad so people bought towels instead and it seems that, much like with the goods, the rest of this tour was put together in a couple of days.

chantaising 8th April 2018 03:18 AM

^ +1

Chibi-Chan 8th April 2018 03:31 AM

Like attractive nausea said, it's just PoM version 2 with less magic. I was hoping for a real PoM version 2, but this show simply falls flat in almost every aspect.

chantaising 8th April 2018 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxikot (Post 3268956)

About the mean comment about her crying
Trust me, After watching her performance 10 years continuously, i know how she crys and how she acts about it.
And the “can’t hit the high notes cry” had sort of happened before in “Just the beginning tour” on 31/12 performance, not just once but multiple times after she couldn’t make the high notes. i was suspecting back then. But now I double confirm my theory.

Hope it’s not true.

Even though everybody says she’s on the note in hbya, but you can hear her struggled so hard to sing it right. Her voice is so broken.

Sorry for my negative opinions, but I can’t help my disappointment towards the show.

EndOfTheWorld 8th April 2018 04:09 AM

It's hard for me to give any opinion because I was not there and I haven't heard anything or even seen any outfits...
As for the setlist. I am disappointed. I don't understand what Ayu's vision is for this tour's song selection. I was expecting more songs, at least 1 song from each album. It doesn't have an anniversary feel. But if the performances were good that is what is most important. It's good to hear there was a focus on the music and vocals were good. I care most about the quality.:yes
It still hasn't hit me that ever free was performed live. I was shocked about kanariya but ever free? I won't believe it until I see it. I will be devastated if Ayu removes it.:nervous
I feel bad for those that attended and felt disappointed.:(
Sometimes hype and high expectations can ruin an experience.
I'm still excited to watch this tour regardless.
And I think FoxyPinkGirl meant to reply to someone else or is perhaps making a sarcastic joke.:laugh:shrug

Andrenekoi 8th April 2018 04:19 AM

A)Ayu should stop to force herself that hard considering her hearing and knee.

B) The tour is too short and the setlist has way too little songs.

I hope the ones who are complaining pick only one of these positions.

I liked the setlist, I found it very different from her usual. I didn't watch the tour so I can't say if its bad or good, but I tend to really dislike her celebratory tours.

Chibi-Chan 8th April 2018 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld (Post 3269004)
It's hard for me to give any opinion because I was not there and I haven't heard anything or even seen any outfits...
As for the setlist. I am disappointed. I don't understand what Ayu's vision is for this tour's song selection. I was expecting more songs, at least 1 song from each album. It doesn't have an anniversary feel. But if the performances were good that is what is most important. It's good to hear there was a focus on the music and vocals were good. I care most about the quality.:yes
It still hasn't hit me that ever free was performed live. I was shocked about kanariya but ever free? I won't believe it until I see it. I will be devastated if Ayu removes it.:nervous
I feel bad for those that attended and felt disappointed.:(
Sometimes hype and high expectations can ruin an experience.
I'm still excited to watch this tour regardless.
And I think FoxyPinkGirl meant to reply to someone else or is perhaps making a sarcastic joke.:laugh:shrug

Well to be honest I don't think her vocals were good. She shouted most of the time and was off key. She had her moments when she was only standing and could concentrate on singing instead of throwing herself onto the floor or overdramatically running from one point of the stage to another.

EndOfTheWorld 8th April 2018 04:35 AM

Is this a costume from the show?

http://i64.tinypic.com/2mxmp77.jpg

hud 8th April 2018 05:16 AM

^ I guess it's from JTB

Refix 8th April 2018 06:52 AM

Curious about the costumes. Pretty happy she sing ever free live.

RealLight 8th April 2018 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld (Post 3269009)
Is this a costume from the show?

http://i64.tinypic.com/2mxmp77.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowo (Post 3269014)
^ I guess it's from JTB

Chapter 2 or 3.

EndOfTheWorld 8th April 2018 07:02 AM

http://i.imgur.com/7eD7C0Zm.jpg

The dress is from Chapter 2 of JTB but the hair is different and looks more like her current look for Power Of Music.:think

AyuCanada 8th April 2018 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuCanada (Post 3269033)
nts 50% of the show[/B], 50% of this new show is recycled

So this means we get a new tour, which is a PoM 2011 version 2, except with less budget, less songs, less orchestra, less magic.

Well... none of us has an idea of the production budgets of any of these Tours, 2011 POM actually started with even less production, only one costume and no dancers... but it was a new concept.

About recycling stuff... well, with no new albums since 2 years, recycling stuff is predictable. We will have to accept that Ayu is an aging singer and she makes her money with her previous hits. You might be tired to hear SEASON, but Japanese clearly aren't since it is her most played song on Spotify. I am not an expert in Japanese industry, but the older western singers all recycle their stuff in their tours. Celine has been offering the same songs and numbers in tour and residency since almost 2 decades... and she still manages to sell out venues.

Also... they had barely 2 months to build that show... it was a last minute thing. I don't know what people were expecting but my expectations were really low and realistic.[/QUOTE]

Sky High 8th April 2018 07:58 AM

I think budget cuts are obvious, also she finished the biggest tour in her carrer. That made her tired, overworked. She didn't rest and prepare properly for this tour, that can be reason for her dissatisfaction. I just hope that she will change something during the tour.

Kacku 8th April 2018 10:12 AM

The setlist for this tour looks really good (though short). I love seeing NEXT LEVEL, ever free, Mad World, Born To Be..., forgiveness, A Song for xx, and evolution and SURREAL separately. I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing some footage! But it's really unfortunate to hear that many people had disappointing experiences at the arena, I hope something can be done so that the upcoming dates meet more people's expectations.

Chibi-Chan 8th April 2018 10:16 AM

Setlist for the main concert was exactly the same.

owlflight 8th April 2018 10:55 AM

I really wish I could see her live during this tour. Sometimes I like her over the top performance extravaganza but then I like the scaled back stuff too.

attractive nausea 8th April 2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuCanada (Post 3269034)
Well... none of us has an idea of the production budgets of any of these Tours, 2011 POM actually started with even less production, only one costume and no dancers... but it was a new concept.

About recycling stuff... well, with no new albums since 2 years, recycling stuff is predictable. We will have to accept that Ayu is an aging singer and she makes her money with her previous hits. You might be tired to hear SEASON, but Japanese clearly aren't since it is her most played song on Spotify. I am not an expert in Japanese industry, but the older western singers all recycle their stuff in their tours. Celine has been offering the same songs and numbers in tour and residency since almost 2 decades... and she still manages to sell out venues.

Also... they had barely 2 months to build that show... it was a last minute thing. I don't know what people were expecting but my expectations were really low and realistic.

1- I think the less budget is obvious, no new costumes (for now) and less orchestra people lol

2- I'm not complaining about her performing SEASONS, on the contrary i'm happy to see it performed during a tour and not just on tv. I'm complaining that she's recycling stuff from the SAME tour (PoM 2011), you can't just throw a 20th anniversary tour, call it PoM and recycle half the original show like that.

3- "Also... they had barely 2 months to build that show... it was a last minute thing." exactly, why would they do that? Throwing a new tour just for the sake of doing a new tour? Sounds unprofessional and immature to me, Ayu always say "i want to deliver the best performance for everyone" but this rushed tour is the total opposite of that.

And yet they're charging people more, increasing ticket prices!

I'm sure Ayu will change things, that the final shows won't be the same, but it's a pity for those who attended those first shows.

alternarist 8th April 2018 11:22 AM

It's extremely clear, fans have to get used to shorter, lower budget concerts from ayu. Those who cannot live with this, ayu doesn't give a crap.

From my POV, it's a little short, but there exists many great songs in which I haven't heard it live like forgiveness, BRILLANTE, Mad World, TO BE, ever free. So, I think it's still a good concert.

Deep snow 8th April 2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan (Post 3269007)
Well to be honest I don't think her vocals were good. She shouted most of the time and was off key. She had her moments when she was only standing and could concentrate on singing instead of throwing herself onto the floor or overdramatically running from one point of the stage to another.

this is so sad to hear, especially after having seen that near-perfect CDTV performance. in the TV performance it did feel like she's still getting used to the non-shouty technique of singing, and I hope she does get accustomed to it soon because she sounded amazing! I'm not gonna shut up about how amazing this performance is anytime soon <3

tokyoxjapanxfan 8th April 2018 12:00 PM

I'll post my review when I get home
Let's just say I had a great time from B&D onwards lol

stepYOU1234 8th April 2018 12:01 PM

For a normal tour I would really like the setlist but for the 20th anniversary not so much. Normally I'd be all over rarer songs like ever free at last! But for her 20th I kind of want more of her hits? Like M, Dearest, Fly high, Who...

I actually wouldn't have minded if she had semi recycled her best performances with a few new ones if they were a selection of her best outfits and stage set ups. She has done so many tours it is difficult to come up with something new especially when it seems she doesn't have the budget of previous tours now.

adrtwb 8th April 2018 12:14 PM

Budget is one thing, dancers can get new costumes and ayu cant?

How expensive is it to actually get all new costumes? I don’t get it.

But anyway, today’s show was amazing, i can feel her energy today! Vocals were top too!!!

Chibi-Chan 8th April 2018 12:37 PM

So I went yesterday and today. Since yesterday was my first Ayu concert, I was super happy to see her finally live after 15 years. I was a bit disappointed yesterday and went today telling myself that, since I know the show already, I can focus more on enjoying the music, instead of watching what was going on.
I was about to break into tears a few times because of how bad that concert is and because of how disappoibted I am.

The beginning with her shouting the first verses acapella were really bad. It was so bad I had to laugh.
evolution was ok and I remember being happy about A Song for xx, Mad World and ever free. But now that the excitment for my first Ayu concert was gone today, those performances were horrible. I hated them. She was running from one point of the stage to another like a scared chicken during all three songs, was constantly fake crying and throwing herself on the floor and grabing her hair in fake despair. It was embarassing to watch.
There was a time when she sang A Song for xx without lying on the floor and I don't know why that is necessary. Because she was more concerned with performing the desperate woman, she shouted the whole time and barely hit a note.
There isn't much left to say for the rest of the concert since it's pretty boring. BRILLIANTE could have been great, wouldn't she not again have faked despair.
I actually really enjoyed NEXT LEVEL, she seemed to enjoy herself and was finally not faking anything. SURREAL and Boys & Girls also were fun.

The parts I enjoyed the most were the drum, guitar and bass solo, Timmy singing the intro to BRILLIANTE (that really was great) and I also loved Micchie singing Diary. Diary was really beautiful and the only ballad performed today that was sung beautifully, with a lot of emotion in the voice and without fake crying nor despair.

I have a ticket for one of the Osaka shows. Maybe I won't go and save me the money for the trip. This show isn't worth watching.

Linza-mo 8th April 2018 01:00 PM

how...

I've speak with a friend who totally love the show yesterday, she told me that Ayu's voice was good and this more "sober" live was a good idea.

really, sometimes I don't understand how a same thing can affecte people so differently! that's pretty fascinating!

Well, I'm really sorry for you chibi-chan that you didn't like your first tour :/
I hope you will like more the next one! =)

aliceshields 8th April 2018 01:22 PM

I’m dying for ever free live, waiting for ages and was actually given up the hope she’ll sing this song live, I hope will include in the concert release, if they actually have it planned.

~angel*ayumi~ 8th April 2018 01:30 PM

I absolutely loved today show, it was so much more Fun than yesterday. I didn't had Great seats in both days nur today I at least had Arena Seats.
But my Highlight of the day was that we met Timmy on the train to Saitama Arena, he is soooo nice Person!

Xianghua 8th April 2018 01:32 PM

Oh, don't people want to know what was done for her anniversary day? :)

We were given the instructions when we entered to surprise Ayu. In the encore after MC, she was going to start singing Surreal. But Zin came out on stage and stopped her. She was all surprised. Then they showed a slideshow the staff made showing all her milestones, first single, first album, first dome/stadium tour/CDL and the showed all her past arena tours. The audience sang this line from WHO:

Quote:

kore kara mo zutto kono utagoe ga
anata ni todokimasu you ni to
kore kara mo zutto kono utagoe ga
anata ni todoku you ni to
But, replaced "anata" with "Ayu"!

And Ayu was so touched and she even cried a little. They brought out a cake and took pictures with the audience facing the back of the cake.

Katsuyuki012 8th April 2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 3269083)
I absolutely loved today show, it was so much more Fun than yesterday. I didn't had Great seats in both days nur today I at least had Arena Seats.
But my Highlight of the day was that we met Timmy on the train to Saitama Arena, he is soooo nice Person!

That's cool! So that means that this time you got to stay for the whole show! I remember you mentioning that previously you had to leave earlier to get back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xianghua (Post 3269084)

We were given the instructions when we entered to surprise Ayu. In the encore after MC, she was going to start singing Surreal. But Zin came out on stage and stopped her. She was all surprised. Then they showed a slideshow the staff made showing all her milestones, first single, first album, first dome/stadium tour/CDL and the showed all her past arena tours. The audience sang this line from WHO:

And Ayu was so touched and she even cried a little. They brought out a cake and took pictures with the audience facing the back of the cake.

That's so sweet!

Evan Odinson 8th April 2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xianghua (Post 3269084)

SO SWEET! thanks for sharing this, I really needed to read something positive :yes

EDIT: Found these pictures, recycled or not, she looks great!

https://i.imgur.com/rjGMUZq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uzT6BB1.jpg

Aderianu 8th April 2018 01:44 PM

http://i.imgur.com/t7CtdSIm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Hq5O8dLm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/EYWlSjHm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bC0vwzIm.jpg

https://mdpr.jp/music/detail/1758719

Katsuyuki012 8th April 2018 01:46 PM

I'm in love with those photos *-* The show looks so nice IMO. I might be wrong but BRILLANTE's dress is very similar but not the same, it misses the leopard piece. First costume looks similar to original Beloved dress but is actually "new" too (i know it's basically just a replica) the glitter part of her dress is now connected with the down part and not as with PoM11 where it was like a 'lose' corsett (it always looked off to me xD). Can't wait to see a closer shot of the sparkly outfit though.

Can anyone tell me how present dancers are this time?

~angel*ayumi~ 8th April 2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 (Post 3269087)
That's cool! So that means that this time you got to stay for the whole show! I remember you mentioning that previously you had to leave earlier to get back.

Yeah that was me in 2012 xD ( I had awesome seats back then though) but 2015 and this weekend I could stay whole concert xD

Katsuyuki012 8th April 2018 02:03 PM

Ah, I see! That's very nice! Now you gotta add that to your signature! XD

Sky High 8th April 2018 02:18 PM

She looks great on these photos :)

cosmicfirefly 8th April 2018 02:50 PM

I went to today's concert and really enjoyed it. It was my first Ayu concert and I honestly have no complaints. Couldn't believe she sang ever free and I was so happy to see SURREAL and evolution separate. I thought her voice was fine, towards the end she shouted a bit but it still didn't sound terrible. When they brought out the cake and showed the slideshow it was so touching. I had a great time!

tokyoxjapanxfan 8th April 2018 03:12 PM

So here's my novel of a review. It skips around, so just a warning lol.

Take from it what you want. Some people won't like it, but hey, this is how I feel about it so, I'm not apologizing. Also, I reserve the right to change my mind at anytime lol.

Spoiler:

I'm going to preface this with a few things. First of all, my ideal setlist for most concerts would be about 80% up-tempo happy songs, 15% ballads, and like 5% rock. I was already going into this with a certain mind frame.

Second, since 2009 I have been to 50+ Ayu concerts. I have become quite critical and no longer just accept things for how they are. I've spent thousands of dollars on her and I'm allowed to express any issues I may have. I love her, and despite any issues I may have I'm going to continue to support her. My critiques are meant to be constructive, and not just complaining for the sake of it.

So.

This tour isn't advertised as a "best of" or a "replica" of something, it's advertised as being a new tour, celebrating her 20th anniversary and bringing back a previously well presented concept.

Let's talk about that concept. PoM was created out of a tragedy. It was a completely new idea that she had previously never done. And the emotion was very real. I attended the first PoM and though I was initially very annoyed about the concept change (I -loved- Love songs and really wanted to see the original concept for it), PoM ended up being an amazing moment that I'm so thankful for having been able to experience it.

So when she announced this current tour, I was excited for it. Unfortunately it failed in every way possible to compare to it. And yes, comparisons are completely fair game, it literally shares the same title.

Choosing to open this with forgiveness was a terrible idea imo. the first PoM did this so amazingly, and this was like...so empty. All the ad-libbing at the end of the song was mimed to the backup singers voices. Her movements were weird, and it didn't capture the magic at all. The opening notes were a struggle, and it was just kind of awkward.

The awkwardness continued for a lot of songs. Tons of falling to the ground, grabbing her hair, crying, arm flailing, dress clutching, and "conductor" like movements. Things she's been doing a lot of for there past several tours. Sometimes effective, but can feel very repetitive.

The re-arrangements were interesting, but not enough to really excite me. The majority of the songs performed were already performed at the original concert. I truly don't understand why she would sing so many of them again?

ever free was a welcomed addition, but the re-arrangement was made into rock, and the sensitivity of the original song failed to come through imo. And, again, falling to the ground, crying, etc. But again, this is a personal taste sort of thing. Some people might love this new sound. But don't expect the original song.

In terms of costumes, aside from Brilliante, Bold & delicious~Next Level, and the encore, I believe every outfit was white. Nothing spectacular or memorable. The best one was right before the encore imo. Her hair accessory was kind of reminiscent of a long version of the hairpiece in the Dearest video.

Her dancers wore the same outfits at the beginning as they did at the end. The same outfits used for the recent CDTV performance I believe. Or at least very similar... The frog costume was repeated for one of the acrobats.

Timmy and Miccie actually upstaged her, imo. They sang with a lot more gusto and technical accuracy. Not really an issue, but i found it worth noting. (Timmy's section for Brillante was great. He actually scared some children and they started crying and the mom had to bring them out haha. He was like a Disney villain. This section, and ayu's performance of HBYA were probably my favorite.

But because the tour was so loaded with melodramatic sad and angry songs, I found myself weary. B&D finally woke me up, but by then the tour was essentially over.

The audience, myself included, was most excited during the encore. SURREAL got everyone moving, and it felt the most magical. It was the Ayu that I, at least, was waiting to see. Alas it lasted for like 3 songs.

Before SURREAL Ayu sang a very brief section of Girlish acapella, i don't think it was planned. It was right after the audience sang Who... to her, and after we took a picture with her and the cake and everyone.

I had arena seats, A7 area. Good seats, it was probably the closest I've been for her tours.

The stage itself was not very interesting. There was a large screen in the back, and then the two normal small screens on both upper areas. There were two big hearts with A marks where the dancers entered and exited. No props or background changes aside from the digital ones.

It could have been where I was sitting, but it was hard to hear her voice over the music for some of the songs. Might have been the acoustics though.

All in all, this tour, imo, is not DVD worthy. Nothing new, nothing spectacular, nothing celebratory at all. Today was her anniversary so there was a little summary of her career video that her team made, and then that was really it aside from us singing to her.

I'll actually be surprised if they release this as a standalone concert as it is now... I could see it being combined with a CD release, but as its own thing? I mean, again, this is a taste thing. Maybe some people will love it. And in fact I hope people do. I really don't think she intended for this to be such a dividing tour lol.

But imo, an anniversary tour could have been easy to put together. She could have just sung a bunch of fan favorites, and then added in some hidden gems. Sure people would have still complained, but it'd at least have made sense being her anniversary and all...But this was a hodgepodge of songs imo... individually i love them all, but it was just underwhelming.

20 years in business, but we don't even get 20 songs xD

BTW, a picture of her staff's tour shirts started floating around. After the current dates, April 6th and 7th 2019, Saitama Super Arena, are written.

So, not sure exactly what those dates mean yet. I'll try to find the pic and post it, unless someone else beats me to it.

Anyway. If you've made it this far, sorry if I offended anyone. And for jumping all over the place. I wrote this as it came to me haha.

She's certainly working hard, but I just don't think this tour was ready to be performed yet. I'm curious as to why she's been so determined to tour as much as she has been.

Edit: here's the staff shirt

http://i64.tinypic.com/jkjfyo.jpg

If I think of anything else I'll be sure to add it.

ayuinh.k? 8th April 2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3269108)

Take from it what you want. Some people won't like it, but hey, this is how I feel about it so, I'm not apologizing. Also, I reserve the right to change my mind at anytime lol.

Spoiler:

I'm going to preface this with a few things. First of all, my ideal setlist for most concerts would be about 80% up-tempo happy songs, 15% ballads, and like 5% rock. I was already going into this with a certain mind frame.

Second, since 2009 I have been to 50+ Ayu concerts. I have become quite critical and no longer just accept things for how they are. I've spent thousands of dollars on her and I'm allowed to express any issues I may have. I love her, and despite any issues I may have I'm going to continue to support her. My critiques are meant to be constructive, and not just complaining for the sake of it.

So.

This tour isn't advertised as a "best of" or a "replica" of something, it's advertised as being a new tour, celebrating her 20th anniversary and bringing back a previously well presented concept.

Let's talk about that concept. PoM was created out of a tragedy. It was a completely new idea that she had previously never done. And the emotion was very real. I attended the first PoM and though I was initially very annoyed about the concept change (I -loved- Love songs and really wanted to see the original concept for it), PoM ended up being an amazing moment that I'm so thankful for having been able to experience it.

So when she announced this current tour, I was excited for it. Unfortunately it failed in every way possible to compare to it. And yes, comparisons are completely fair game, it literally shares the same title.

Choosing to open this with forgiveness was a terrible idea imo. the first PoM did this so amazingly, and this was like...so empty. All the ad-libbing at the end of the song was mimed to the backup singers voices. Her movements were weird, and it didn't capture the magic at all. The opening notes were a struggle, and it was just kind of awkward.

The awkwardness continued for a lot of songs. Tons of falling to the ground, grabbing her hair, crying, arm flailing, dress clutching, and "conductor" like movements. Things she's been doing a lot of for there past several tours. Sometimes effective, but can feel very repetitive.

The re-arrangements were interesting, but not enough to really excite me. The majority of the songs performed were already performed at the original concert. I truly don't understand why she would sing so many of them again?

ever free was a welcomed addition, but the re-arrangement was made into rock, and the sensitivity of the original song failed to come through imo. And, again, falling to the ground, crying, etc. But again, this is a personal taste sort of thing. Some people might love this new sound. But don't expect the original song.

In terms of costumes, aside from Brilliante, Bold & delicious~Next Level, and the encore, I believe every outfit was white. Nothing spectacular or memorable. The best one was right before the encore imo. Her hair accessory was kind of reminiscent of a long version of the hairpiece in the Dearest video.

Her dancers wore the same outfits at the beginning as they did at the end. The same outfits used for the recent CDTV performance I believe. Or at least very similar... The frog costume was repeated for one of the acrobats.

Timmy and Miccie actually upstaged her, imo. They sang with a lot more gusto and technical accuracy. Not really an issue, but i found it worth noting. (Timmy's section for Brillante was great. He actually scared some children and they started crying and the mom had to bring them out haha. He was like a Disney villain. This section, and ayu's performance of HBYA were probably my favorite.

But because the tour was so loaded with melodramatic sad and angry songs, I found myself weary. B&D finally woke me up, but by then the tour was essentially over.

The audience, myself included, was most excited during the encore. SURREAL got everyone moving, and it felt the most magical. It was the Ayu that I, at least, was waiting to see. Alas it lasted for like 3 songs.

Before SURREAL Ayu sang a very brief section of Girlish acapella, i don't think it was planned. It was right after the audience sang Who... to her, and after we took a picture with her and the cake and everyone.

I had arena seats, A7 area. Good seats, it was probably the closest I've been for her tours.

The stage itself was not very interesting. There was a large screen in the back, and then the two normal small screens on both upper areas. There were two big hearts with A marks where the dancers entered and exited. No props or background changes aside from the digital ones.

It could have been where I was sitting, but it was hard to hear her voice over the music for some of the songs. Might have been the acoustics though.

All in all, this tour, imo, is not DVD worthy. Nothing new, nothing spectacular, nothing celebratory at all. Today was her anniversary so there was a little summary of her career video that her team made, and then that was really it aside from us singing to her.

I'll actually be surprised if they release this as a standalone concert as it is now... I could see it being combined with a CD release, but as its own thing? I mean, again, this is a taste thing. Maybe some people will love it. And in fact I hope people do. I really don't think she intended for this to be such a dividing tour lol.

But imo, an anniversary tour could have been easy to put together. She could have just sung a bunch of fan favorites, and then added in some hidden gems. Sure people would have still complained, but it'd at least have made sense being her anniversary and all...But this was a hodgepodge of songs imo... individually i love them all, but it was just underwhelming.

BTW, a picture of her staff's tour shirts started floating around. After the current dates, April 6th and 7th 2019, Saitama Super Arena, are written.

So, not sure exactly what those dates mean yet. I'll try to find the pic and post it, unless someone else beats me to it.

Anyway. If you've made it this far, sorry if I offended anyone. And for jumping all over the place. I wrote this as it came to me haha.

She's certainly working hard, but I just don't think this tour was ready to be performed yet. I'm curious as to why she's been so determined to tour as much as she has been.

Spoiler:
April 6 and 7 next year is a weekend. A grand finale to her 20th anniversary or is she gonna peace out?

Mirrorcle Monster 8th April 2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3269108)

Spoiler:

So.

thanks for the review, it was certainly very interesting to read and well written, but those last dates on that t-shirt made me really scared of a possible retirement

thinkingoutloud89 8th April 2018 04:33 PM

I just don't know why I don't learn for myself and just expect less. But i guess the whole thing is nice for those who attend - and in the end that is what counts, not how the DVD looks.

Aderianu 8th April 2018 04:39 PM

I hope it will not another one year long tour :/

Linza-mo 8th April 2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirrorcle Monster (Post 3269123)
t those last dates on that t-shirt made me really scared of a possible retirement

Huuum if it will was a "bad"news I think they didn't put it like that in a shirt! I imagine a kind of "Final" to the celebration ! Well, I hope... it make me veeeery curious !

Thanks for your review tokyoxjapanxfan, I understand better your feeling and in the same time I'm more confident, because it's what I expected in some way!
I will go to the final at Osaka, if it stay like it it's good for me and if she does more songs...that's perfect too haha
(To be honest I still dream about a tour with only Ayu and band on stage, no staging and no special outfit :love)

AyuGAME 8th April 2018 04:53 PM

what with that shirt? so weird...

Zeke. 8th April 2018 04:57 PM

She’s not going to retire. During the commemorative video it said ayumi will continue to sing and her dream continues onward.

Ayu also when speaking about the past 20 years of support, she asked for the support of everyone as she continues moving forward.

SunshineSlayer 8th April 2018 05:01 PM

It's too bad to hear all these bad reviews even from 1st time concert goers. I was feeling bad for missing the tour this year because I already had tickets and a trip to see Namie's last tour, but maybe this isn't the year to go anyway, so --

btw, that t-shirt is very helpful for planning a trip for next year!

Linza-mo 8th April 2018 05:04 PM

The picture taken after the surprise ! <3

Spoiler:
https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2018/04/08/kiji/20180408s00041000345000c.html

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertain...1000p_view.jpg

Earth_maiden 8th April 2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 3269083)

I'm surprised he takes the train! Was he incognito ?

Katsuyuki012 8th April 2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linza-mo (Post 3269134)
The picture taken after the surprise ! <3

Spoiler:
https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2018/04/08/kiji/20180408s00041000345000c.html

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertain...1000p_view.jpg

It looks nice
Spoiler:
(lol at Yo-chan)

polka-dot-jewel 8th April 2018 05:53 PM

I know many felt like this was rushed together, but seeing her "announce" those two dates a year from now gives me hope she'll put together a finale that'll make up for this. Seeing Ayu does cost a lot for most of us foreign fans, so it does suck to see some didn't have a good experience.

280301 8th April 2018 05:59 PM

That t-shirt actually excites me, it means that she might be resting from touring after her last announced dates, and may have other projects (like an album) happening.

mizuki-7 8th April 2018 06:19 PM

Wow some reviews are pretty harsh to read... it’s the fist time opinions are so opposed between those who actually loved it and those who hated !
It’s seems like a lot fans feel desabused because they expected something gigantic or well rounded. Personally i understand it because she spoiled us a little bit when she hinted this show as something to really looking forward to...

I don’t know what to think everything she does since last year concerning her concerts feel so rushed like never before ! I don’t want to sound nasty because she works really really hard but it looks like she has no direction ?and honestly why not taking more time ? At this point it’s not even a question of budget.

I’m feel strange about this whole situation we will see what happens next... the intention of focusing on songs, arrangements, bands and voice is excellent but the execution seems unfinished.

polka-dot-jewel 8th April 2018 06:24 PM

I think she wanted to perform today, otherwise I'm sure this tour would've started later. Maybe she should've done a one-off special this weekend prior to an actual tour? We are our own biggest critics, and I'm not surprised by any negative reaction, as she even said on Friday she wasn't happy with the current direction of the show.

Didn't all of JTB generally have the same / less prep time? It's a shame for this tour, she probably put too much pressure on herself.

ayuinh.k? 8th April 2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polka-dot-jewel (Post 3269149)
I think she wanted to perform today, otherwise I'm sure this tour would've started later. Maybe she should've done a one-off special this weekend prior to an actual tour? We are our own biggest critics, and I'm not surprised by any negative reaction, as she even said on Friday she wasn't happy with the current direction of the show.

Didn't all of JTB generally have the same / less prep time? It's a shame for this tour, she probably put too much pressure on herself.

I think doing an 20th anniversary concert and then coming up with a new concert for the domestic tour is a better idea. I feel this tour is going to change over the next few concerts leading up to the finale. JTB had numerous costume changes in chapter 1 and 2

hud 8th April 2018 06:39 PM

the shirt with the 2019 dates made me very curious

junshen 8th April 2018 06:55 PM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N8...ufAPwBZIeGGNcA

ever free POWER of MUSIC 2018 ver

enjoy

hud 8th April 2018 07:21 PM

thanks junshen! it's really different from the original but it sounds good! thank you so much!

Cahz- 8th April 2018 07:29 PM

That is one nice mix <3 thanks junshen

Katsuyuki012 8th April 2018 07:29 PM

Thank youuu

Very different but nice arrangement, I am glad she is singing it calmly not shouting (well second chorus is shouty here and there but yea) and the higher notes surprised since I expected her to go much lower with the notes and key. It's such a nice acoustix × rock mix.
Now I need it as a DVD performance xD.
She's off-key here and there but it's fine! I'm pleasantly surprised tbh especially vocally with the first half.

Kacku 8th April 2018 07:36 PM

Thank you so much for sharing, junshen! I love the arrangement in the beginning, it's beautiful. Not so wild about the rock half, it's not bad but I find it a bit ill-suited for this song. But not a bad song by any means, I'm really happy she brought out this hidden gem!

melissalove 8th April 2018 08:00 PM

I hope the dancers weren’t there to once again take over the stage when the rock parts happened. :/

mizuki-7 8th April 2018 08:18 PM

Nice I really like the way she sings in the first part. It’s so rare to heard her using this vocal approach !! What I notice is that her shouting is really due to loud background music. She probably have a lot of difficulties to hear herself. This song really show it ;)

YakuSoku 8th April 2018 08:29 PM

That version of ever free reminds me of LAST MINUTE... first accoustic/soft then rock.

Sky High 8th April 2018 08:34 PM

It sounds different, but it's good. Thanks junshen.