Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary ~ [II] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123966)

freedreamer 27th February 2018 05:12 AM

She basically just ripped off Namie's Finally promo pic

https://goo.gl/images/qHJGfj

The same cloth colour even?!

Corvina 27th February 2018 05:13 AM

Ok, so she's using cloths like Namie in Finally.
In the other pics from her IG she had a red one for the tour photoshoot.

I'm actually with pedronekoi here.
The picture looks unbalanced

KittyKathy 27th February 2018 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 (Post 3265200)
This is on purpose. he official logo for his probably is like

...text...
.....text.....
...text....
.......text.....

I actually quite like it

+1

Bigtop 27th February 2018 06:41 AM

My goodness, that picture...but more Helvetica?

truehappiness 27th February 2018 06:49 AM

Ayu has posed in the past draped in cloth. This is not a new thing for any artist really, lol.

Corvina 27th February 2018 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3265217)
Ayu has posed in the past draped in cloth. This is not a new thing for any artist really, lol.

No, but it's a bit unfortunate for her to do it so soon again after Namie.

hayasaki 27th February 2018 07:20 AM

This concept has been used many times. I even doubt if Ayu knows Namie has used this not too long ago lol

Yoake 27th February 2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedronekoi (Post 3265172)
She looks amazing! But I have that lettering art direction! So bad!!!

Leslie is always bad with text.

To be honest I think that Ayu's aesthetic is far more refined. While Namie is just rising the fabric for the purpose of being beautiful, Ayu is playing with the concept of unveil/hide some parts of herself and is playing with the fabric that moulds her body for sometimes imprisons her or releases her. In the blue photoshoot, she looks like she is opening a door to see the real world and to let people see a part of her. Which is symbolize by her straight eye that is catching our eyes. Eyes contact is an important thing to begin a link between two persons.

Zeke. 27th February 2018 09:00 AM

I think the alignment of the text is near perfect. Notice how it mirrors the angle/shape of the bend in her arm. Both are like <.

Also notice how the end of each line (the right side) hugs or is in alignment with the part of the image that directly follows it.

ayumi hamasaki: ayus head
ARENA TOUR 2018, POWER of MUSIC, 20th, Annnersary: the blue tulle

Honestly it would look like shit centered and throw off the entire balance of the image as a whole. And I’m inclined left justified may do the same. Kind of amateur techniques if you ask me.

The only thing is the word Anniversary looks like it could have used more work. It almost looks separate from the rest of the text. It should have some breathing room after it like 20th does, or 20th should be moved over a bit so it was hugging the blue tulle that wraps around her jawline more precisely like the rest of the text. I guess if they give 20th breathing room, they should follow suit with Anniversary; and if they make Anniversary hug the image precisely like the first few lines, 20th should too. That’s the only blemish in the layout of the txtーthe relationship between those two lines.

There’s a method to the “madness” people, and it’s not that hard to figure out if you know how to analyze an image or are at least familiar with basic elements and principles of design.

dez0424 27th February 2018 10:10 AM

Does the Reference number (A___) actually indicate anything regarding to the section / seat number? Since they say you're gonna have to exchange that with a real ticket on the day.

~angel*ayumi~ 27th February 2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dez0424 (Post 3265239)
Does the Reference number (A___) actually indicate anything regarding to the section / seat number? Since they say you're gonna have to exchange that with a real ticket on the day.

no

thinkingoutloud89 27th February 2018 11:07 AM

I also think it woudl look bad centered...I could live without the blue glow tho

pedronekoi 27th February 2018 12:42 PM

I hate the text but it's better than having the official logo lol

dez0424 27th February 2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 3265242)
no

Thanks for the clear and straight answer lollll
It’s my first overseas ayu show:)

xLuna&1LOVE 27th February 2018 01:14 PM

The picture is not bad. I do enjoy the promo, even though I am also getting the Namie vibes from it. If she is about to release some flower-shots along with it, we know for sure she is channelling her inner Namie. For now, she is like any other artist, draping herself in tule and looking beautiful. Nothing new, it has been done 1000000000000000 times.

The only thing I stumble over is how unnatural she looks. I love her look, but is this really Ayu? It looks like a headshot of Kylie Jenner and Britney Spears joined together.

truehappiness 27th February 2018 01:49 PM

Leslie used to have less retouching on his works, or if he did, it was lighter and less 'plasticky'.

Sometime in 2012-2013, he changed the way he retouches his photos to make it similar to how Shimoko does. I only really enjoy ND CHOW's work lately even though Leslie always has good setups just some strange retouch issues. Kazutaka is also good but oh my god everything ends up cream/beige....

Part of what makes this look different I think is the lack of hair visibility and her eye makeup being not quite her usual. The team that did her hair/makeup for this is totally different from her usual staff.

Cahz- 27th February 2018 02:18 PM

Her face looks like the "old Ayu" lol For me, this photo is amazing :love

Isicio 27th February 2018 02:28 PM

I like how she looks, but damn I need the new release so bad D:

relmy 27th February 2018 02:36 PM

Ayu's used tulle and Namie's photo uses more a silky sheen fabric, it makes the images look totally different. Namie's is smooth and shimmery, which fits with the overall vibe of the image. Ayu using tulle looks much more structured and fixed, which with the arm positioning and styling works for her photo.

It's like... sure, they both used blue fabric draped around them but the images are totally different in how they feel. It's like saying they both wore a blue dress. I do like the Namie promo more though, sorry Ayu. She still looks good though.

SunshineSlayer 27th February 2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayasaki (Post 3265222)
This concept has been used many times. I even doubt if Ayu knows Namie has used this not too long ago lol

It's honestly not possible that she wouldn't, imo. It's been absolutely everywhere in Japan. Even if she hadn't seen it (unlikely) someone on her crew would have. Hardly an original idea, but it's an odd choice so soon after. One of her best shots in a while though for sure.