Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New song:『Pray for you』 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125136)

Deep snow 1st January 2021 12:30 PM

from official website:

two CDs, two DVDs/BluRays

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3333498)
I really hope they also include a remastered version of Rainbow!

I'd be excited for something like this too, but my gut feeling is that she'd only include the songs from after A BALLADS.

ugh I'm excited for the DVDs. I hope it's not some bullshit compilation of her ballad performances from already released concerts :(

Katsuyuki012 1st January 2021 01:20 PM

Assumimg this song is on A BALLADS 2, does that mean we'll have to wait until March to hear it? I was thinking they might release it as a new single beforehand but that probably wouldn't make sense if the song is supposed to make the compilation more interesting to consumers.

I'm happy we're still getting new music but if this is for A BALLADS 2, then it probably won't be on the new album (whenever there will be one).

Yoake 1st January 2021 04:21 PM

^We might get it as a digital release before A BALLADS 2

HONEY 1st January 2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedronekoi (Post 3333450)
I don't know how this could possibly be related...

First off all, I hope people do not take this the wrong way I'm not hating on Timmy nor on Ayu's songs. (this is not a complain)

The people around you shape you/influence your thoughts and decisions, especially when it comes to music.

Also I have heard that Timmy has vocal coached her and I don't know if he was active vocal directing her in the studio but her vocals have been changing too.

He seemed to have influenced her in many ways and I think it's good as a musician to switch things up, even if she has to think more herself now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by URANUS (Post 3333471)
That was a strange comparison. Timmy created some of my favorite Ayu songs like "BRILLAINTE" and "YOU're the only one" so I actually hope he returns in the future.

Everybody has a different, taste, I thought the songs were not bad... but not my favorite...

AyuCanada 2nd January 2021 02:49 AM

This sounds like a Ghibli movie ending ahah I love it

DonkeyKongRemix 2nd January 2021 03:13 AM

It's a really pretty instrumental so far... I wonder if we'll ever get an album with her last 2 singles and this one on there.

Katsuyuki012 2nd January 2021 03:22 AM

Maybe I'm just being optimistic but with how things are going right now, I'd say yes. It might take some time but I feel like there is going to be an album.

I'm certain Ohia and DaD will be included, not sure about Pray for you, though. It could end up as a compilation exclusive track (like RAINBOW or part of me) but then there was also You & Me which was initially on ASB and then made its way onto LOVE again. However, that could have been a result of the song's popularity.

DavidChaiLatte 2nd January 2021 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 (Post 3333586)
Maybe I'm just being optimistic but with how things are going right now, I'd say yes. It might take some time but I feel like there is going to be an album.

I'm certain Ohia and DaD will be included, not sure about Pray for you, though. It could end up as a compilation exclusive track (like RAINBOW or part of me) but then there was also You & Me which was initially on ASB and then made its way onto LOVE again. However, that could have been a result of the song's popularity.

how popular was You & Me?

BlackSilence 2nd January 2021 05:33 AM

It's a very Ayu instrumental. I'm honestly tired of ballads, i want another Last Minute or Memorial Address, or anything of that sort lol But that's obviously what sells over there.

Andrenekoi 2nd January 2021 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEY (Post 3333560)
First off all, I hope people do not take this the wrong way I'm not hating on Timmy nor on Ayu's songs. (this is not a complain)

The people around you shape you/influence your thoughts and decisions, especially when it comes to music.

Also I have heard that Timmy has vocal coached her and I don't know if he was active vocal directing her in the studio but her vocals have been changing too.

He seemed to have influenced her in many ways and I think it's good as a musician to switch things up, even if she has to think more herself now.

Everybody has a different, taste, I thought the songs were not bad... but not my favorite...

Poor Ayu... So stupid and devoided of a personality she actually becomes another person because of her back vocalist.

Katsuyuki012 2nd January 2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidChaiLatte (Post 3333587)
how popular was You & Me?

It was certified gold* and did/does very well on YouTube when compared to her other PVs. As of now, the short version has 5,9M views (since 2012) while the full PV has 1,3M views (since 2nd October, 2019).

Spoiler:
It got certified after being put on LOVE again but the song did rather well before that.

Chris85 2nd January 2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3333596)
Poor Ayu... So stupid and devoided of a personality she actually becomes another person because of her back vocalist.

Not defending their opinion, but close friends often borrow each other's traits even without realizing that. There definitely could be some influence.

Mikytaryan 2nd January 2021 12:34 PM

Given how this thread is about the new song, Pray for you, I don't feel that Timmy influencing her life is that relevant. She always had creativity ups and downs and it's normal for an artist to not deliver the same content throughout 20+ years of career. I feel that for this song she kept her iconic strong ballad sound while experimenting with instruments, and also gave it that epic feeling which makes me think it will do well in a live with an orchestra.

Timmy has contributed to one of the most iconic Ayu songs and his legacy will remain, but I think Ayu does what she feels she wants to do in the end regardless of who provides their opinion to her.

I hope everyone can enjoy this beautiful present from her when the vocal version is released :)

oaristos 3rd January 2021 05:52 AM

At first, it sounded like a LOVE again reject to me. Then, listening to the instrumental again, I feel like there's something magical about this track. It's not ground-breaking at all, but I think it'll have a nice energy to it once it's out. I'm excited now! :heart

Deep snow 3rd January 2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaristos (Post 3333637)
At first, it sounded like a LOVE again reject to me. Then, listening to the instrumental again, I feel like there's something magical about this track. It's not ground-breaking at all, but I think it'll have a nice energy to it once it's out. I'm excited now! :heart

this is absolutely what I felt too, but only judging from the instrumental—and I can't be sure if it's the entirety of the song, either (although the length seems to suggest so). I hope the vocal gives it more magic.

hidekirby 3rd January 2021 09:25 PM

Yeah new song! The use of horns is a very welcomed change, wow! The rest doesn't seem that fresh. Looking forward to it!

EndOfTheWorld 4th January 2021 12:04 AM

I think the Pray for you instrumental sounds beautiful. Sounds like it would make a great anime theme song. I guess it's not something totally new and unique but I think it's well done and I love the feeling of the song. I think Ayu's vocals will fit very nicely as long as she doesn't overdo it.:yes

Sky High 4th January 2021 12:50 AM

I am waiting for full version of song.

AndyF 4th January 2021 02:17 AM

It sounds like something from Secret. I was expecting more rockish ballads, but anything new is nice at this point.

Akutenshi 5th January 2021 07:18 PM

It sounds like almost every other ballad she's released for the last 7 years now. The horns and flute are at least a nice change up for once, but this will most likely be another skip for me.