Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Chat-Room (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ayu: Anything Goes - the XXX (30th edition)! (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125452)

sxesven 4th August 2022 04:57 PM

THANK! YOU! SO! MUCH! :love

fake_foxtail 7th August 2022 07:26 PM

Haven't posted here in years. Just wanted to share something I recently noticed. The song Far away was released on ayu-mi-x 2 version non-stop in march of 2000 as the HAL remix, but the Far away single was released in May of 2000, which means the single was released two months after the song appearing on the remix album. I'm not sure if I can rely on the release dates, but I thought that was kind of interesting.

sxesven 7th August 2022 09:59 PM

Huh, damn, that definitely is interesting! I wonder if anyone noticed this sneak peek at the time?

Also, good to have you around! :)

fake_foxtail 7th August 2022 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sxesven (Post 3352507)
Huh, damn, that definitely is interesting! I wonder if anyone noticed this sneak peek at the time?

Also, good to have you around! :)

Thanks! I also noticed it only uses one line from the actual song, meanwhile the same remix on the Far away single uses the full song.

sxesven 7th August 2022 10:57 PM

Well damn, those are some cool finds!

kotora 8th August 2022 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3352309)
Why doesn’t Ayu’s team take advantage of YouTube shorts and stuff???

Dragon Ash has been uploading little clips of their past singles these past few months.
https://youtube.com/shorts/sxrDFg7BgPw?feature=share

It’s such a simple thing to do, and considering she has so many releases after her peak, I feel like it would at least help bring attention to those songs…

Same thing I don't understand why ayu stops using her TikTok account.
Her IG reels are very strong.
But her Youtube Shorts / Tiktok are like in graveyard

voltron 8th August 2022 12:32 PM

^ I believe she and her troupe stopped using TikTok during one of the data security scares - it was pretty shortly after she started using it full-in. I seem to recall the same for other AVEX artists, as well - but could be mistaken.

kotora 8th August 2022 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron (Post 3352529)
^ I believe she and her troupe stopped using TikTok during one of the data security scares - it was pretty shortly after she started using it full-in. I seem to recall the same for other AVEX artists, as well - but could be mistaken.

If they know how to use Tiktok well, their business will go up rapidly. Lots of old songs are resurfaced on Tiktok and got on Spotify top hits again.

Avex is killing their business. They can't blame other people.

summerain 8th August 2022 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YUKARI (Post 3352353)
it seems like I've never actually listened MADE IN JAPAN album or listened to it only once.

'tasky' sounds so much like Bjork's 'Pagan Poetry' :O

I don't think it's a coincidence. tasuku is known for sampling some songs in his works (I remember Ayu's taskebab from Party Queen with sounds of some well-known Daft Punk song). Even his latest work for her, "Summer Again" (he did the arrangement), has the same sample used in Beyoncé's BREAK MY SOUL (a remix of an Robin S song) - but in this case it's just him following the house trend.

fake_foxtail 11th August 2022 09:47 AM

I just noticed the NEXT LEVEL usb is kind of shaped like the tattoo on her shoulder. Only took me 13 years :D

sxesven 11th August 2022 10:18 AM

Me too I guess, haha :laugh

LOONAppears 12th August 2022 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YUKARI (Post 3352353)
it seems like I've never actually listened MADE IN JAPAN album or listened to it only once.

'tasky' sounds so much like Bjork's 'Pagan Poetry' :O

glad to know i’m not the only one who thinks this!

//ABEST 12th August 2022 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fake_foxtail (Post 3352601)
I just noticed the NEXT LEVEL usb is kind of shaped like the tattoo on her shoulder. Only took me 13 years :D

It's also ASIA TOUR 2008's official logo since it was her 10th anniversary. NEXT LEVEL is her 10th studio album so I guess they decided to recycle it :yes I love that logo tho so I don't mind

sxesven 12th August 2022 12:51 PM

Me too! :D

ayu_fantasy 12th August 2022 07:41 PM

Ayu could make herself famous again, just by some past songs of hers going viral…. I think avex is living in 2001, thinking their artistes (like ayu) can still be popular without much social media exposure..

ayu_fantasy 12th August 2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3352533)
If they know how to use Tiktok well, their business will go up rapidly. Lots of old songs are resurfaced on Tiktok and got on Spotify top hits again.

Avex is killing their business. They can't blame other people.

I can’t believe avex have such a mindset

summerain 12th August 2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu_fantasy (Post 3352624)
Ayu could make herself famous again, just by some past songs of hers going viral…. I think avex is living in 2001, thinking their artistes (like ayu) can still be popular without much social media exposure..

I think avex is kinda old fashioned (to be kind...), but I bet this move is an Ayu decision. I mean, avoiding so much exposure, doing things on her own pace. I don't think she wants to be a superstar with her face shoved everywhere once again.

Irish_Ayu_Fan 14th August 2022 11:33 AM

Does anyone know if Global TA gets better seats at concerts than regular TA? I’ve gotten global TA tickets twice and they were in okay places, so want to know which is more worth joining now ahead of the 25th anniversary next year!!

kendelle 14th August 2022 01:08 PM

Since you won't know the TA tickets until the day of pickup, it's a gamble to know if they'll be close or not for her 25th anni concert. Foreigners never seem to be visible in the DVDs though so I'd imagine you'll be further back if they're filming it. I've been to non-filmed concerts and they sat us in rows 7-15ish iirc so fantastic visibility and funny to watch the cameras deliberately avoid us when they panned the audience.......... :tired

idk if you'd call them scalpers but the........'money-minded fans' (lol) will likely be there so you could potentially upgrade your seating on the day but you'll be paying more money for the privilege (probably trade your ticket and 15,000JPY+ for closer seats).

If "being there" is the most important thing I'd rejoin TA and enter the lottery but if "being close" is the most important I'd skip the wait and look for resale tickets where you can see the location (although they will be quite expensive).

MKAyu 14th August 2022 07:46 PM

A Complete: All Singles is back on the Oricon Digital Albums Top 50 chart again!

Fourth week of June: #43

First week of July: #22

Second week of July: #18

Third week of July: #24

Fourth week of July: #29

First week of August: #21

Does anyone know if it's charting anywhere else--Line, or iTunes?