Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124391)

Chibi-Chan 6th April 2019 07:20 PM

^the burqa is not a muslim symbol and comparing it to a cross is naive at best. My comment had zero to do with religion, which I wasn't talking about at all and which I also won't do, because this is not the place. Actually Ayu did not use those women in burqa as a symbol for Islam either. Also the Arabic world has a lot to offer when it comes to culture, but forcing women by law (emphasis on law) to cover their bodies and often even their faces by putting on a burqa is not culture, but just cruel and man made. Like Yumsushi already pointed out, it was simple orientalism. The arrangements of Duty and BRILLANT had some "orient sounds" in them and the women in burqa were used as some kind of exotic add on for the show, while equating "Arabic women" = burqa. Regarding the fight women in the Arabic world are fighting not only at the moment but actually since around the 70's and what those women are risking (rape, prison, death), using women in burqa who are playing dress up as "Arabic women" as a means for entertainment is stupid at best and ignorant at worst.

AyuCanada 6th April 2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan (Post 3298193)
^the burqa is not a muslim symbol

Really?

Yumsushi 6th April 2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuCanada (Post 3298194)
Really?

She's right in that there is nothing in the Quran that says women are to wear it. It is a cultural thing not a religious requirement. Women are brainwashed into thinking it's a religious requirement by overly zealous male muslim scholars andjealous and controlling family members. Many Muslims women see it in a very negative light and consider it equivalent to living in the middle ages.
In the western world we are told that is is appropriate and acceptable because saying otherwise is "racist" . Doesn't change that is is a cultural way of dress and not a requirement in islam (ie it's common in rural egypt, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia etc)

koumori 6th April 2019 08:49 PM

As much as I appreciate that we can share and discuss many different cultural things here on AHS, please take this specific subject to another thread or to PMs.

AyuCanada 6th April 2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koumori (Post 3298199)
As much as I appreciate that we can share and discuss many different cultural things here on AHS, please take this specific subject to another thread or to PMs.

I agree a 100% and I am happy to continue conversations in private messages.

Evan Odinson 6th April 2019 08:58 PM

Woah, amazing pics! thanks for sharing! (I'm glad you had a great time!)

CeReSu 6th April 2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voguehoney (Post 3298130)
01. Duty
02. Microphone
03. Pride
----Dance Show----
04. EnergizE
05. Step you
06. Sparkle
07. Summer Love ~ Movie on without you
08. NaNaNa ~ rollin' ~ Ladies Night
----Orchestral Show----
09. walking proud
10. Part of Me
11. Brilliante (NEW Version Like AT16 GREEN)
12. FLOWER
----Screen Video----
13. HEAVEN
14. SURREAL ~ evolution (Ballad Version)
15. Bold & Delicious
16. Born to Be...

encore
17. You & Me
18. AUDIENCE
19. Boys & Girls
20. Who...

Setlist is pretty cool, I'm happy to see Microphone, Pride, Sparkle, Ladies Night, rollin, B&D, Born to be....