Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New ballad single coming soon! (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120796)

Tom Punks 31st October 2014 02:46 PM

^ I bet X'MAS BABY won't even exist. :P

Actually, I wouldn't put that title past her. Ugh.

I still vomit a little in my mouth every time I think about Song 4 u. I remember being in absolute shock and disbelief when talkin' 2 myself was announced. I wish she'd realize how juvenile numbers look in song titles. Same for "u" in place of "you." :(

orangeakira 31st October 2014 03:23 PM

Yeah I don't care how amazing a song is. If it has an ugly title I'll still hate it. It's not going to make me like the title.

kotora 31st October 2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeakira (Post 3102157)
Yeah I don't care how amazing a song is. If it has an ugly title I'll still hate it. It's not going to make me like the title.

This. You should write this on Twitter to ayu. I still cannot get over "The Next Love", "Bye-Bye Darling", "Sweet Scar" etc these weird title.

krtman2002 31st October 2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeakira (Post 3102157)

What!!?? I can't believe it! Do you really care about the TITLE???? :irked:irked

If she releases a great song, what if the song is called "Shi...t"? It doesn't matter. What really matters is THE SONG...

Zeke. 31st October 2014 04:03 PM

My like for the actual song will not change based on the title, but having a juvenile will always make me feel like "well, that's really unfortunate." talkin' 2 myself was ok but thens he made a habit out of the whole number thing and it just became so tragic.

waterballoon 31st October 2014 04:53 PM

calling dips on this being another mini album

SNOW

CD
1) Winter Passion
2) my darling
3) SNOW
4) Winter Passion (instrumental)
5) my darling (instrumental)
6) SNOW (instrumental)
7) Angel (Christmas orgel ver.)
8) Winter Passion (RedONE's Dub Mix ver.)

DVD
1) Winter Passion
2) SNOW
3) Winter Passion (making of)
4) SNOW (making of)
5) a-nation '14 @ Singapore - Digest

cover features her hubby but face covered with her face

channy 31st October 2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3102160)
My like for the actual song will not change based on the title, but having a juvenile will always make me feel like "well, that's really unfortunate." talkin' 2 myself was ok but thens he made a habit out of the whole number thing and it just became so tragic.

I wouldn't exactly call it a habit. How many songs come to your mind when you think about it?

I can only think of those three:

- "talkin' 2 myself"
- "Song 4 u"
- "NOW & 4EVA"

Songs like "1 LOVE" and "untitled for her... story 2" don't really count as the "1" or "2" stands for the actual word (number).

stickyrice 31st October 2014 05:13 PM

I will never ever understand why people complain about titles... or how the title affects how you feel about the actual song itself :| It's like "hmmm... I like the beat. The lyrics are nice. But that TITLE!? Ugh... ruins the whole experience for me *delete off itunes*"

BlackSilence 31st October 2014 05:56 PM

japan needs to get rid of the obsession with internet spelling >_>

I couldn't fogive GACKT when he put out P.S I LOVE U. A gorgeous rock ballad with nice lyrics...seriously? They need to at least leave that spelling off when they do songs and titles. They make them sound like it's gonna be a bloody joke. I just cannot stand when they take the song seriously but don't take the title so. Then I'm like Leave it without a title at all, it'll make ir more meaningful than all that internet/instant messaging language, it just bugs me.

Tom Punks 31st October 2014 06:25 PM

I don't think anyone said they disliked actual songs because the titles sucked. At least, I took orangeakira's post as "I don't care how good the song is, if the title sucks the title still sucks and a good song doesn't make up for it."

^ @artcika: I totally agree. It's just so hard to take a song seriously when the title looks like it was written by some middle school kid's notes.

DonkeyKongRemix 31st October 2014 06:34 PM

Well, in some ways, I totally see what people are saying. Hating a song for its title is a little much. I think Song 4 U is in my top ten favorites of hers, so obviously the title didn't ruin the experience for me. But, gosh. When songs have such...lousy titles...it leaves a bad first impression on a song.

Not saying it's necessarily the right way to look at music, but it's still how I look at it. XD

For some reason X'MAS Baby just...doesn't leave me expecting great things. But, I'm willing to be wrong about this in the end. I don't know if I'd go as far to say I'll be eating my words, but I'll be ok with a good song with a lame song title.

And I find it... interesting that someone has a problem with the song title "Sweet Scar." That title sounds much more artistically inclined to me then the other ones mentioned in that sentence, but maybe it's just me.

Zeke. 31st October 2014 06:45 PM

Nobody said the title of a song alone was enough the discredit the quality of the production itself. It was just mentioned that a quality production doesn't make up for a shit title. The title is part of the song; it is part of the concept and ayu used to be pretty damn amazing at being able to sum up the essence of the song within a single word from a foreign language. I think people don't appreciate the deliverance of a concept on all levels.

DonkeyKongRemix 31st October 2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3102180)
Nobody said the title of a song alone was enough the discredit the quality of the production itself. It was just mentioned that a quality production doesn't make up for a shit title. The title is part of the song; it is part of the concept and ayu used to be pretty damn amazing at being able to sum up the essence of the song within a single word from a foreign language. I think people don't appreciate the deliverance of a concept on all levels.

I see what you're saying. I realized that I misunderstood what some of the others were trying to say, thinking they were implying that a bad song title fairly well made for a bad song, but I see that I was confused.

I also agree with you in that the title is a part of the song. I guess that's why it's important to some people, because titles can add an extra piece to a puzzle in case readers are wanting to know what the song is about. I find this to be the case with poetry as well, since poetry is something that often takes a lot of re-reading to understand. The name of a poem can aid in figuring out what the meaning is.

adantatu2 1st November 2014 07:04 AM

And she didn't release EGG, lol. I can imagine the drama.

DonkeyKongRemix 1st November 2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adantatu2 (Post 3102235)
And she didn't release EGG, lol. I can imagine the drama.

Can you tell me what "EGG" is? :D

Pieces_of_SEVEN 1st November 2014 07:27 PM

A bad joke that nobody seems to know how to let go. LOL

Zeke. 1st November 2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 3102269)

Lmao! Truth.

njanjayrp 1st November 2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 3102269)

+

Delicious n Bold 1st November 2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nalini-dahlia (Post 3102264)
Can you tell me what "EGG" is? :D

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37235
Here you go

DonkeyKongRemix 1st November 2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold (Post 3102275)

Oh my goodness!!! That is hilarious!

That fake tracklist as a whole is funny, but just having "egg" at the bottom is the best!

maxikot 2nd November 2014 10:59 AM

Yay it's confirmed! She twitted about it I think and her facebook now says about the trilogy! Yay!

Maemi 2nd November 2014 10:59 AM

omg! yes!

Quote:

Ayu has just started recording her Winter Ballad trilogy in LA today. The songwriters are: Tetsuya Komuro, Kunio Tago and Tetsuya Yukumi!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

本日より、小室哲哉&多胡邦夫&湯汲哲也という何とも豪華な作家チームとayuのコラボレーション、冬のバ ラード三部作の歌入れ始まりした!!

Earth_maiden 2nd November 2014 11:15 AM

Awesome news!!

Chibi-Chan 2nd November 2014 11:21 AM

That sounds great!

LONJJONG 2nd November 2014 11:32 AM

Tetsuya Yukumi is back?? WOW!!

Isicio 2nd November 2014 11:45 AM

Cool!! We have a december single!!

channy 2nd November 2014 12:03 PM

Three new songs! This way we get a first impression on how the new album could possibly sound or at least in which direction they'll produce it.

ayumisrael 2nd November 2014 12:13 PM

These are awesome news! Can't wait!!

Tetsuya Yukumi!! <3

owlflight 2nd November 2014 12:38 PM

Now I am even more curious as to what this ballad single will be like.

Gustavopc 2nd November 2014 12:51 PM

I'm getting hyped at an ayu single, I feel like I'm traveling back in time lol

Mirrorcle Monster 2nd November 2014 12:58 PM

What did Tetsuya Yukumi compose?

Maemi 2nd November 2014 01:03 PM

^These http://www.discogs.com/artist/691244...-Yukumi?page=1

Chibi-Chan 2nd November 2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustavopc (Post 3102329)
I'm getting hyped at an ayu single, I feel like I'm traveling back in time lol

Same here xD

TeamAyu2004 2nd November 2014 01:42 PM

Hm... i wonder if this is gonna make it a 3-side?

freedreamer 2nd November 2014 01:49 PM

TETSUYA YUKUMI OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! That classic sound is gonna come back i pray

Yuniz_hime 2nd November 2014 01:50 PM

I can't wait for it.

chocopockymaster 2nd November 2014 02:00 PM

Excitement level = off the charts !!!!

I NEED IT NOW

RealLight 2nd November 2014 02:16 PM

I'm not gonna get my expectations high on that, because, you know.. :rolleyes

tokyoxjapanxfan 2nd November 2014 02:52 PM

Can't wait for more info :)

krtman2002 2nd November 2014 05:43 PM

I'm not a big fan of those trilogy pvs but lets pray for a good idea at last.

Anyway, I can't wait for new Ayu material! YEAH

Delicious n Bold 2nd November 2014 06:58 PM

Yaaaas
I'm here for the next 'life' or 'green'

ayumisrael 2nd November 2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krtman2002 (Post 3102358)
I'm not a big fan of those trilogy pvs but lets pray for a good idea at last.

Anyway, I can't wait for new Ayu material! YEAH

As long as Mr. Bodkin won't be there, it will be alright.

BlackSilence 2nd November 2014 11:24 PM

That other Tetsuya guy has done some (if not) most of my favorite songs from Ayu. I am certainly getting curious!

ayumint 3rd November 2014 05:55 AM

Glad to see these compesers
I missed something like No way to say,CAROLS or Days
Pray for not trilogy PVs

yamadashun 3rd November 2014 06:28 AM

i am still not sure if i want a trilogy PV...

but YAY for Tetsuya Yukumi!!! I am looking forward to another Memorial Address or part of Me, or (miss)understood or kiss o' kill (so many lol)

KuuXAyu-fan 3rd November 2014 06:36 AM

I really wonder if the single will be ready in time for December. I know Ayu loves to be last minute with everything but still

AyUmIXx 3rd November 2014 07:03 AM

hope to hear more info about the title soon!
and i think it'll be released in December!

freedreamer 3rd November 2014 08:27 AM

Ayu's got writer's block haha..i wonder if she's still writing for the new songs :D

Tom Punks 3rd November 2014 03:00 PM

I know the topic has already left this lol but as far as best trilogy PVs go, I actually liked the Virgin Road, Love song, Last angel series much better than vogue~Far away~SEASONS. Last angel was just OK, but Love song was so feelzy and Virgin Road was hilarious even if a little sloppily edited. I can't even sit through vogue~Far away~SEASONS. It looks nice but zero happens.

AyuWorld 3rd November 2014 03:06 PM

when I heard "Trilogy" this came to my mind "Mannie, Maro, Bodkin"

Quote:

“Last Miracle / X’MAS Baby” is Hamasaki Ayumi’s rumored 53rd single, first brought to light by a member of the anonymous Japanese message board 2ch. Hamasaki tweeted that the single is part of a trilogy project and that at least one song will be a winter ballad.
from: http://heartbeatmusik.wordpress.com/...cle-xmas-baby/

Zeke. 3rd November 2014 03:39 PM

I see ayu has "writers block" - if she had already begun "recording", shouldn't the process of writing already be finished?

Gustavopc 3rd November 2014 03:52 PM

^ Maybe one of the songs she wrote doesn't fit the song structure they gave her, so she had to write some new verses? idk maybe she's already recoring two songs but hasn't finished writing the third one :P many possibilities here hahaha

terra 3rd November 2014 03:59 PM

X'MAS BABY sounds like Mariah songs lol
I hope those are not the official title and I'm not hoping for a trilogy PV (if it is trilogy please make it good) Amen.

DonkeyKongRemix 3rd November 2014 04:22 PM

I really like the title "Homebound." :D

Can't wait for more info!

spanishfan 3rd November 2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustavopc (Post 3102437)
^ Maybe one of the songs she wrote doesn't fit the song structure they gave her, so she had to write some new verses? idk maybe she's already recoring two songs but hasn't finished writing the third one :P many possibilities here hahaha

Even for another song that will be in a future single/album, who knows :yes

orangeakira 3rd November 2014 05:08 PM

Ew. X'MAS Baby is such an ugly title.

tsumekaze_ 3rd November 2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3102435)
I see ayu has "writers block" - if she had already begun "recording", shouldn't the process of writing already be finished?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustavopc (Post 3102437)

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanishfan (Post 3102441)
Even for another song that will be in a future single/album, who knows :yes

I believe she's writing other songs for future releases. It would be too late to write now for the upcoming single!

Pieces_of_SEVEN 3rd November 2014 05:55 PM

It would be? Why? I don't think so. She's definitely recording the songs right now for the single next month.

ExodusUK 3rd November 2014 06:20 PM

X'MAS BABY = pregnancy announcement publicity stunt

Pieces_of_SEVEN 3rd November 2014 07:03 PM

NOOOO she wouldn't...couldn't...better not. lol

Delicious n Bold 3rd November 2014 07:12 PM

I'd be here for the mess tbh

Tom Punks 3rd November 2014 07:26 PM

Why is anyone putting any stock in that rumor lol

BlackSilence 3rd November 2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExodusUK (Post 3102448)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 3102453)
NOOOO she wouldn't...couldn't...better not. lol

lol and a mv of her pregnant and giving birth xD

tsumekaze_ 3rd November 2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 3102446)
It would be? Why? I don't think so. She's definitely recording the songs right now for the single next month.

We were talking about writing the songs though, because she said she had the writer's block. Some of us were wondering whether the songs she couldn't write where the same for the winter single, to which I replied that it is unlikely since she is already recording those, as she stated on twitter.

mizuki-7 3rd November 2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 3102464)

I look forward for this XD :D

TeamAyu2004 3rd November 2014 09:38 PM

I wonder if the writers block confirms three different songs and not a 3-side?

Kazeyomi 3rd November 2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 3102464)

with her dancers dancing around

Refix 3rd November 2014 10:30 PM

I really hope that's not the new single title. It's hilarious. Profoundly.

BlackSilence 3rd November 2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazeyomi (Post 3102477)
with her dancers dancing around

that made me burst out laughing, cuz my brain instantly made that image xD

spanishfan 3rd November 2014 10:53 PM

^same here xD

Anyway, it's confirmed there are three songs-some-way-conected but we don't know yet if it's a trilogy, a triple a-side (or double + b-side), three consecutives releases or something else, right?

Zeke. 3rd November 2014 11:46 PM

The literal English wordage was "winter ballad trilogy"

Pieces_of_SEVEN 4th November 2014 12:01 AM

I would be so mad at those titles if they turn out to be real...but then again, I also cringed at NOW & 4EVA and XOXO...but I still don't want them.

DonkeyKongRemix 4th November 2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

I totally thought about that!

As strange of a way to announce her pregnancy that would be...It would be so cool if she had a baby!!!!!!!!!

:D

You know what's funny? I hated the title X'MAS BABY at first, but now I like it. I don't know what happened.

Gustavopc 4th November 2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 3102487)
I would be so mad at those titles if they turn out to be real...but then again, I also cringed at NOW & 4EVA and XOXO...but I still don't want them.

I'm totally ok with a happy song called X'MAS BABY, but pleeeeeease ayu do not name your next album something like "LUV 1 MOAR TIME"

kotora 4th November 2014 01:44 AM

3 winter songs? Ok.. we are waiting for a mini album.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 4th November 2014 01:51 AM

no no nooooooooo, just give 3 new songs, a remix for each, a remix or two from a Colours song, and instrumentals please!

yeah, I'll keep dreaming...

Delirium-Zer0 4th November 2014 02:19 AM

Regarding the writer's block, she wasn't done writing the lyrics to "vogue" when she recorded "Far away," so yeah it's entirely possible she's not done with the words for song #3 even thought she's recording (or has recorded) #1 and #2.

orbitalaspect 4th November 2014 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustavopc (Post 3102498)
I'm totally ok with a happy song called X'MAS BABY, but pleeeeeease ayu do not name your next album something like "LUV 1 MOAR TIME"

Okay. What the hell is wrong with an album like LUV 1 MOAR TIME?!?!

I'm actually excited for whatever this winter ballad trilogy thing will be. Call me crazy, but I feel like one of these songs may be along the lines of CAROLS / JEWEL / curtain call / forgiveness / together When... / no more words...

And I get an itch we'll get something more like classic Ayu from this project.

Again, call me crazy, but I get the feeling she had fun with Colours and wants to do something more serious this time around. The last time I remember her talking about writer's block was back before Days / GREEN. If that says anything...?

kotora 4th November 2014 06:24 AM

Luv 1 Moar Time sounds too long. How about called it MAKE LOVE

Solarblade 4th November 2014 08:17 AM

I'm just surprised people are believing these titles as it's from 2CH...like common sense...it's not reliable at all.

maxikot 4th November 2014 10:31 AM

Ayu: "I'm doing good so far!!!!! Was waiting THIS vocal!!!!!!!!!"

My god, this woman is waking up anticipation i didn't have for a time! I think she is really devoting herself for this release. I need to hear some preview!

douggn 4th November 2014 10:32 AM

lol its been a while since iv seen these fake track lists. Hoping its signs of a good single to come :)

Surreal17 4th November 2014 11:34 AM

If its as great as the again single/mini album, then it will be a great Christmas present. But I'm sure she'll surprise us again.

Maemi 4th November 2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

I'm doing good so far!!!!! Was waiting THIS vocal!!!!!!!!!!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...e6cc4c0ab34159

Earth_maiden 4th November 2014 12:40 PM

Is that Ayu? HER HAIR LOOKS AMAZING!!!! Please please please keep this look for the rest of year, Ayu!!!

Maemi 4th November 2014 12:46 PM

I think that she looks her best with brown hair (Secret era), so yeah :D

dreamlover13 4th November 2014 03:32 PM

I think she looks best with black or espresso color hair.

freedreamer 4th November 2014 03:38 PM

she's so beautiful! and it's amazing to see her at work again (somehow LOL) more ayu songs :)
somehow with her release pattern, these rare singles feel special

AyumiAi 4th November 2014 04:00 PM

yayy ayuuuu inspiring new hype for the singles :D

DonkeyKongRemix 4th November 2014 04:44 PM

Ayu with dark hair AND glasses? Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too much prettyness for one person! XD

But seriously, I think she looks cute with glasses! :D

kotora 4th November 2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solarblade (Post 3102540)
I'm just surprised people are believing these titles as it's from 2CH...like common sense...it's not reliable at all.

Fandom never dies.

Beside the song, I wish I could find Leslie Kee to do some work again, but reality is.. they are not friends anymore....and they just have connection at work.. #SoSad

mi|kshake 4th November 2014 10:11 PM

I love how she's keeping us updated on FB!

Surreal17 4th November 2014 10:50 PM

me too! its nice to follow a bit of ayu in the studio :)

hayasaki 5th November 2014 01:36 AM

I'm getting all the hype again which I haven't felt in a long time cuz guys!! Come on! Its a single where talking here! LOL Excited to hear the previews!! How soon can we possibly hear'em.

AyuGAME 5th November 2014 01:42 AM

can't wait Ayu! and you looks amazing!

orbitalaspect 5th November 2014 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustavopc (Post 3102498)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3102532)
Luv 1 Moar Time sounds too long. How about called it MAKE LOVE

MAKE LOVE again.

kotora 5th November 2014 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orbitalaspect (Post 3102642)
MAKE LOVE again.

That will become TRUE LOVE.

Earth_maiden 5th November 2014 03:24 AM

MAKE TRUE LOVE AGAIN

chikocchi 5th November 2014 06:38 AM

MAKE TRUE LOVE AGAIN feat. Urata Naoya

kotora 5th November 2014 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chikocchi (Post 3102674)
MAKE TRUE LOVE AGAIN feat. Urata Naoya

LOL This goes so wrong.

btw is it going to be 1 single with 3 song or 3 new singles?