Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Chat-Room (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   'Angel' thoughts (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120189)

Coelacanth 30th May 2014 07:04 PM

'Angel' thoughts

Let's bring back threads for each individual new song like the good old days.

Angel might be my favorite cut from this album. Will update later with complete impression. :)

Surreal17 30th May 2014 07:21 PM

Good idea!! Make one thread for all the new songs! Hmmm...I don't know what to say about this one. I really like the verses part but the chorus is kind of repetitive and annoying (especially those oohhhs). BUT, ayu's voice in generally turned out better than I expected and the flow is nice.

YUKARI 30th May 2014 07:22 PM

it's soo repetitive :/ but I like her voice

AYUCREA 30th May 2014 07:23 PM

better than what i expected. I love this song and the emotion

terra 30th May 2014 07:23 PM

Yeah my only problem with the song is the long oooooh ooohh part. The rest are lovely and nice, love the arrangements

Corvina 30th May 2014 07:30 PM

Lyrics are nice and it ha so much potential.
But sadly I don't see a climax and Ayu's voice is too weak to stand on its own.
Maybe it will grow on me.
Overall right now it's just ok. I like that it's different.

Benikari47 30th May 2014 07:42 PM

The most headache-inducing song i've heard of hers since Humming 7/4 and the intro of I Am.. Her vocals are just so off, especially in the chorus where it sounds more like whining than singing. However it's the only song on the album i dislike so i'll let her have this one.

tenshi no hane 30th May 2014 07:45 PM

I don't really like the 'I wanna be an angel for you' part but the rest is amazing :heart

November4 30th May 2014 08:15 PM

Looooooooove. Total surprise.

Ayumi Romania 30th May 2014 09:17 PM

I like the full version more than i expected!

Tom Punks 30th May 2014 09:33 PM

This song is hilariously weird, I can't put my finger on it but it sounds kind of like a Beyonce reject. I don't think it's awful, just... so... strange

I kinda lost it at the part where she stopped writing lyrics and just HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA'd for twenty seconds

Taishaku 30th May 2014 10:43 PM

I still think the beginning and the chorus sound exactly like Miley's "Wrecking Ball"!
But the last part is absolutely beautiful (when she hits the high note), it saves the song completely. :scry

perfectodub 31st May 2014 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taishaku (Post 3078883)
I still think the beginning and the chorus sound exactly like Miley's "Wrecking Ball"!
But the last part is absolutely beautiful (when she hits the high note), it saves the song completely. :scry

you just ruined my day! :tired
and you're right!..the song is a rip of Wrecking ball. :irked
even you can sing wrecking ball over this song and fits perfectly

freedreamer 31st May 2014 03:13 AM

I'm so stunned by this! It's so beautiful and I love it a lot. It has this hopeful feeling and I can really feel Ayu's emotions from this. Just from the simplistic lines of the chorus. You know it takes a great singer to sing the same line and emote so differently for each. Ayu did it here and the arrangement helps to elevate these emotions.

AyuGAME 31st May 2014 03:14 AM

suprisingly...the song is good in full...it's grow on me...

but i don't like the part where she ooohhhh...lalala before second chorus...kinda weird and it's kinda like she running out of lyrics...

jyujiw 31st May 2014 03:16 AM

Those "ooooohhhhhs" sticks in your head. I think this is quite something hahaha

Must be what she wanted to do lol

Agieboyz 31st May 2014 03:32 AM

This song has a mysterious strange feeling to me.
The composition is weird, it's not bad but it's really Unique.
I love it.

pop909 31st May 2014 03:44 AM

Really surprised compared to the preview- I like it!

gogirlanime 31st May 2014 06:31 AM

So gorgeous and different for her. Her vocals have a style to them I can't describe, she's never done that. I like the long note and how it goes all over. Elegant, unique for Ayu, loved it instantly.

tokyoxjapanxfan 31st May 2014 12:30 PM

My favorite of the new songs. I look forward to this video the most. :)