Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu-Gaga 'conversation' on Music Station
View Single Post
Old 17th April 2010, 04:25 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief9 View Post
She didnt seem rude at least to me, I just think she didnt know what to do because everyone was speaking Japanese and she didnt know what was being said and had to wait for the translator behind her to tell her. She seemed to be looking at Ayu when Ayu was saying "really?" when talking about the dress at the video music awards. I'm thinking she just felt nervous and out of place. I have seen Gackt sit there stone cold during interviews wearing sunglasses doing the same thing to try to be dark and mysterious. I think she was comparing styles with Ayu, kind of saying we may think alike and was complimenting her for making the dress work when she couldnt and for having a similar taste. Thats my thoughts on it anyway.
Exactly.

Gaga's got an interesting poker face in her tv appearances (which fades only a little when she talks about her fans), but the way I saw it, I could see she liked Ayu's style (you see her nodding when she looks at the A Museum "M" dress, a nod I took to be one of approval for the long veil and the outfit).

Her commenting that she wanted to do the "No way to say"-style dress wasn't necessarily snobbish or rude (though I can see why people would say that) but her tone of voice indicated surprise -- like, "Oh, I wanted to do that, too!" As if she was pleased to see Ayu had the idea as well. There was also a bit of regret in her voice since she obviously couldn't pull off the dress XD Sorry if I seem to be over-analyzing it, but I think some of the tones and the way Gaga speaks might not get across very well to non-native speakers -- even native speakers have trouble realizing when she's being serious or rude o.o; Myself included.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."