Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - They forgot ayumi......
View Single Post
  #20  
Old 16th January 2011, 04:01 AM
DA1SUK1DAY01691's Avatar
DA1SUK1DAY01691 DA1SUK1DAY01691 is offline
no more words Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,744
See, the funny thing, I don't see SPEED as idols; I see them more as artists than idols.

I don't know how to really describe the difference of an idol and an artist, but one big thing is the control of their career and image; I think as an artist, actor, or full-fledged whatever, you have more control over your image than an idol, per-say. I think the multimedia impact has a difference too; idols are usually PLASTERED ALL OVER the place (TV shows including dorama and variety shows, advertisements, photobooks, concerts, their music, radio, etc.) and are usually seen as "available to the public," if that makes sense.

Basically, one can fantasize freely about an idol as they usually aren't supposed to have love interests, while an artist or actor has more control over their personal lives.

It's hard to explain...
__________________
Twitter
Translation Twitter
Reply With Quote