|
This may not be nice, and people may not understand why I feel this way, but this makes me want to vomit. I really, really don't think there should be a show about this. Otaku may have a negative connotation in Japan, but I think even less of the "otaku" overseas. They may not be the same type of people as the otaku in Japan, but they're just as bad in my opinion. Worse, actually. They drive me crazy and need to live in the real world. Life isn't about spending all your money on anime and trying to know or have more than everyone else. And I certainly don't appreciate how little they actually understand about Japan and its culture. 95% of the people in Japan don't wear kimonos as their normal attire. And most people over the age of 10 don't watch that anime you're watching. Just my feelings on it, though I could rant for pages.
Nevertheless, I'll be watching that show with my roommates later to get a huge laugh. I might cry a little, too.
|