Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Article] Time Out Tokyo's James Hadfield reviews Party Queen
View Single Post
  #15  
Old 23rd March 2012, 07:20 PM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by relmy View Post
^ but consider how the line is presented, in a quite silly rhyming line that isn't even the focus of the song. It's not exactly a unique line she is presenting, he can't be blamed for overlooking the line as something to add half hearted emotional depth to the album when the rest of that song betrays that concept.

I get the concept, 'cause I am an Ayu fan, but the lyrics - aside from dealing more explicitly with her divorce in some places - really aren't anything we haven't come to expect from her, and her her standard Jpop output now - sans ESM & tnL of course.

I don't think he's lazy, he's doing his job, listen to the album how an everyday consumer would and say what he thinks, it's a sales review not an artistic album critique. Ayu IS only pop music at the end of the day, no matter what fans (including myself) dress her up to be. :/
I'm sorry, but any professional music reviewer MUST know that the tracks order and the way the melodies communicates with each other, and how the lyrics communicates with each other is something to be looked into while reviewing an album... As this is what really makes an concept work or fail... Being this person reviewing Bob Dylan or Justin Bieber.
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Reply With Quote