Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ARENA TOUR 2012 A ~HOTEL Love songs~ information thread [II]
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2012, 04:17 AM
walking proud Initiate

Just gonna give a quick rundown since other people have already reviewed the show.

I thought last nights show was really good. Her voice was good I thought.

It is basically a rehash of CDL and the dancers do take precedence in most of the show. Maybe its because I came in with low expectations though, but I actually liked this show better than I liked CDL.

My favorite part was surprisingly Eyes, Smoke, Magic and THe Next Love. They are much better live than on the CD.

On the other hand NaNaNa is much better on the CD than live; the crowd surprisingly wasn't really into this one. Shake it got a very good response though.

The addition of Last Angel doesn't feel out of place because just before they have "Dance show time" which is basically a group number and some individual numbers to a medley of Ayu trance songs. So the trance music transitions into Last Angel pretty well.

The Return Road dress looks alot better in person.

There really is no 'WOW' moment in this tour.

There are a lot more videos in this tour than usual and they were longer than usual. I felt it was too much actually - I would have much rather seen more songs.

I went to this show with my boyfriend here (he is Japanese) and this was his first time seeing Ayu. My b-day is soon so we went as part of my b-day present. He is not an Ayu fan but he doesn't dislike her though, he just simply isn't very familiar with her or her music. He knows Boys and Girls and Seasons and that's about it. But it was interesting to hear the perspective of someone who isn't a die hard fan. After the first couple of songs he said "so this is Ayu's I just got divorced tour" lol. You really do get that feeling - almost the whole show has a running theme of men being bad. He thought the setlist felt short and the videos were too long and too many. But overall he enjoyed it and liked that there was always something going on onstage.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 13th May 2012 at 04:21 AM.