Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - LOVE - Opinions, etc
View Single Post
Old 4th November 2012, 01:37 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Regarding the new songs,
production, arrangements, and vocals are all good.
I very much like Missing, even though it's not outstanding. But in simplicity there's beauty, too. I don't care for Song 4 u; and Melody, albeit boring, makes up for it with the arrangement. All songs sound like they could be used in a video game (FFXIII comes to mind), and seeing how I enjoy listening to game soundtracks, I'll probably listen to the instrumental pieces in the future. Actually, listening to the songs for the second time, I get a familiar feeling. They remind me a little of this one musical I watched a while back.

The remixes,
Song 4 u, I can already tell I'm going to listen to this version more than the original one. Thinking about it now, I wish they'd put a song or two in there with the arrangements from POWER of MUSIC. I never listened to You & Me after the one time I watched the MV, and it doesn't seem like I'll listen to it much more. Had there been less vocal in the "instrumental" version, I would have enjoyed it more. I don't like the SHINICHI OSAWA remix; the extended one is better, though annoying throughout. It's nice to see a long track-list, as it reminds me of Ayu's older releases, but it doesn't do much for me when I don't like the bonuses. The Missing Dubscribe remix would be fine without the dubstep part (that's just messy), and I don't like the Melody remix either. It has some interesting moments (starting at about 2:00), but after that it grows tiring.

I like LOVE more than I thought I would. It's a nice little record.