Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 『ayumi hamasaki × La Perla』collaboration coming soon!
View Single Post
Old 5th February 2016, 06:57 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
Are becoming? She was half-naked on the LOVEppears cover, and the Because of you PV was basically about prostitutes.
I know, I always think about LOVEppears and confront it with more recent stuff whenever I have a problem for that reason, but it feels different. That one, like other old, naked/revealing shots, had something that captured me aside of her body. That stoic expression in LOVEppears, for example, was so epic and powerful, and sometimes I try to imagine that photo with her wearing something, but it just makes her lose this power (so hands down for how she delivered that message to me, because she probably meant to do something else, but I don't think anyone other than her ever managed to do so with me).

As of Because of You... ok, she plays the part of a prostitute and the first scene clearly tells she offered her services to that gangster she's in love with, but still, she's telling a story and does it in an effective way; I actually like that video: I had fun trying to find a way to connect it with the lyrics, and the results also seems to work for me (once again, I'd like to know what she was really thinking about when she had that idea to see how much I was wrong.)

To that person who asked how else do I want her to promote lingerie/swimsuits (I don't remember his nickname), I'm sorry, but I don't see the point of your counter: usually, for promoting something to wear, the least one can do is wearing it. And in any case, I don't mind how she did it in 2008: she looked elegant and charming.

To the other one who said that I lost respect for her: I never said it. I find this kind of photo raunchy, and in my opinion sexuality is something people should keep for themselves. I'm not attacking her. I'd like you to make me think your same way, so that I won't have any problem with this from now on, but by making me say things I didn't.

By the way, to you three and everyone else who just attacked me rather than trying to convince me that the photo is actually good, please: understand that I'm not trying to insult her or to say that she's become a bad person. I want you to counter me so that I can change my point of view on this, because I tried by myself and couldn't. Is it insulting her to disagree on something? Because if that's so, maybe you should read all your posts raging because she still sings one or more song(s) she likes after fifteen/twenty years. I have nothing against Ayu, I'll keep supporting her in the only way I can (buying her albums when I have the chance, because I can't afford to do more yet, even if I'd love to join TeamAyu. Everyone of you who's there, please, be thankful for your luck).

I'm sorry if to your eyes I started an unfriendly arguement, and I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's sensitivity, but I really need to change my point of view. I'll apologize to her every day for being such an idiot if I could, really.