Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [A] MADE IN JAPAN song opinions!
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2016, 07:44 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

tasky - Very strong intro, as expected... I don't think any of her intros ever let me down. 5/5

FLOWER - I really liked the mix between traditional japanese instruments and pop-rock in here, and I also love how agressive and chaotic she sounds during the chorus, gives it a nice raw feeling. 5/5

Mad World - Again, a chorus that gives a very nice raw feeling to a song that sounds very polished everywhere else. This doesn't sound like anything she did before, and this always pleases me. 5/5

Breakdown - The "rawness" on her vocals seens to be a constant on this album, and I really like this! This song actually sounds more like the stuff she usually does. I'm in love with the distortions in the end of the song. 5/5

Survivor - There's something slightly over the top with this song that almost makes me not taking in seriously, but it actually works in the end! It actually does have a similar vibe to Inspire, even if it's based on a different ethinical music. 4/5

You are the only one - This is probably the track I like the least. Her voice is really gorgeous on this one, but it sounds like a Disney movie ballad. x_x Still, a pretty song! 4/5

TODAY - It seens like every Ayu album needs a "Who", and this is the one from MIJ. It's pleasant, if not a little too safe... But this is usual with her lyric driven encore songs. 4/5

Mr.Darling - Very sweet, but on a very good way! The way she sings on this one makes me feel like huging her and never letting it go <3 4/5

Summer Love - If TK and RedOne had a child, it would be Summer Love. For the good and for the bad. 4/5

So... The weakest tracks were still pretty strong, and even made me tolerate Many Classic Moments. I would say it's her first album I love since Party Queen and a very good surprise.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)