Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] Ayu to perform at Music Station 31 March
View Single Post
  #179  
Old 31st March 2017, 01:35 PM
Zeke.'s Avatar
Zeke. Zeke. is offline
rainy day Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Posts: 9,723
TO BE was kind of a letdown because it was just the original with like an overlay of piano. And her screaming during the chorus was just not palatable. I think it's because the chorus calls for conveying an emotion as if one is being pierced in the heart, which her former voice was perfect for. Now, the only way she can convey a similar emotion is to shout...

As for ourselves, I really disliked her voice during the verses. The choruses were enjoyable because she was switching between nasally sound and various techniques, but the last chorus I did not like.

I don't remember if it was during TO BE or ourselves, but she was singing as if she clenched her throat to make like a frog kind of timbre. Lmao, she does the same thing during the opening of I am... song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
I knew she would fuck up TO BE's chorus but i didnt expect it to be that bad lool
lol.

Last edited by Zeke.; 31st March 2017 at 01:39 PM.
Reply With Quote