Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Make a Wish upon a Star with Nishino Kana (西野カナ) ~15th thread~
View Single Post
Old 15th November 2017, 08:06 PM
Sky high Protector

I have a mixed view about the album (or mainly the album tracks). We got singles with an excellent worked sound. When I reached the end of the first part of LOVE it, I was perplexed because all the new tracks were b-side sounds without a polished sound. I don't dislike them but I was expected at least one quality new songs among them. We're the miracles is the one I like the most but her voice is lacking conviction, power and energy especially when you think about the message behind the lyrics. It's like saying "We're the miracle but it's not important at all".
After the first part, I started to think that they had added the new version of kimi ga suki to raise the level of the album.
Then Liar appeared and my hope increased. Liar is the same type that FANTASY, Abracadabra or Lights, Camera, Action. The kind of song that is apart in her discography. I really like how the intro is very different from the jazzy sounds of the rest of song. MEOW isn't amazing but it won my heart because of its cuteness. As a cat lover I can just love the song. Smartphone seems to be the little sister of YOKUBARI in a boring way. Especially because of the chorus' lyrics. Kana you should drop the clap word. You have already plenty of songs with it. LOVE is just a cute entertaining song that is made to end an album. Nothing outstanding but good.

Overall LOVE it isn't bad. It's just less good than her previous album. Let's see if my view about the new tracks can change with time.