Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 30 Day Song Challenge ~Ayu ver.~ (Episode II)
View Single Post
  #34  
Old 14th November 2020, 09:23 PM
Kacku's Avatar
Kacku Kacku is offline
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,907
10. A song that should have been a massive hit
I wish Mad World had become a massive hit for Ayu! It's an excellent song, Ayu sounds great on it, it has such a good message... It's a great song, I wish it had taken off!

11. A song you know by heart
I actually have a whole list of these because I spent some time during springtime lockdown testing what Ayu songs I can sing from memory. One that I was surprised to find I knew by heart was fated, an amazing song that I don't listen to often enough.

12. A song that's your life motto
This is the most difficult one for me to answer, I don't really consider any song a life motto. Many of Ayu's songs have poignant lyrics that have stuck with me over the years, but if I had to pick one that has a message I aspire to... maybe no more words? I'd be fine being a loser / I always want to be a loser is the key for me here; it sounds like a lesson in humility and empathy that many people, including myself, could internalize better. Overall, the song's message seems to be to stop, listen and reflect, and that's something I want to be able do well to be a better person for others.

13. A song you like from the 10s
Oh lord, so many. I'm gonna say Tell me why, it's a really impactful one!

14. A song you like with a lot of English lyrics
The first one that comes to mind is Real me! It's a really cool song with fun and memorable English lyrics.

Spoiler:
1. A song Ayu should sing more often
I am...

2. A song remix that surpasses the original version
kanariya "System F remix"

3. A song that reminds you of wintertime
momentum

4. A song with a PV you love
Last minute

5. A song you first disliked but now love
Bold & Delicious

Day 6: A song that makes you want to run
Wake me up

7. A song that surprised you
The Show Must Go On

8. A song you think is easily overlooked
Shape of love

9. A song that should get a new recording for 25th anniversary
FRIEND II
Reply With Quote