Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 47 prefectures tour
Thread: [News] 47 prefectures tour
View Single Post
  #269  
Old 30th October 2023, 03:04 AM
chocopockymaster chocopockymaster is offline
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 5,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by _dandy_ View Post
I admittedly know nothing about the process here, but generally you only show a *passport* to someone who has the authority to refuse you access to a country, and has the power to, simply put, kick you out. A foreigner showing up at a concert venue has already had his identity checked, and security guards at a concert venue have no such authority. So it seems wrong to me to have to show a passport, of all things, to get into a concert...

Personally, the only thing I'd show to anyone at a concert venue is the ticket I purchased. I wouldn't show any ID to anyone at a concert other than to have my age verified, if that was a necessity.

But then, I'm no traveler, and I know nothing about local laws.
I can’t tell if you’re being deliberately obtuse or not but the reason you need to show your passport when you pick up the ticket(s) at the venue is exactly that — for identification. They want to make sure the person who purchased the tickets is the one picking them up. A passport is a more than reasonable form of identification in this instance because staff would be unfamiliar with things like drivers licenses issued overseas, whereas passports are pretty cut and dry.

No one is saying you need to show proof that you’re legally in the country to be admitted to a concert venue. FFS.

This isn’t a Japan thing either; damn near any venue in any country will ask you to show ID if you’re picking up tickets at will call, and this is exactly the same principle.

If you’re that opposed to needing to show an ID to pick up tickets you purchased for a show then might I suggest you stay home?
Reply With Quote