Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - DVD Region
Thread: DVD Region
View Single Post
Old 12th March 2003, 09:26 PM
independent+ Advisor

YesAsia is a pretty good place to buy Ayu stuff. And when you use the link at the bottom of the forum, it helps to support AHS financially (without costing you anything). I've used YesAsia a lot, and I haven't had any problems with them. CDJapan is another good website that you can buy stuff from as well. Their prices are usually a tiny bit better than YesAsia, but they have higher shipping costs. I usually use YesAsia.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/

As for DVD regions, wherever you buy your regular home DVD player, it's usually locked in that region. So if you bought your DVD player in Canada, it will only play region 1 DVDs. You can purchase region-free DVD players (YesAsia sells them for a pretty good price).

On most computers they also have region restrictions. Most DVD drives in computers will let you change the region 5 times, then after the 5th time it will lock on the current region code. So after the DVD player locks, then you can only play DVDs in that region. There are ways you can hack your computer's DVD player, but it can be risky and it will void any warranty you have on it.

We have a few members from Canada so they might know of some local stores you could check out.