Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood-
View Single Post
Old 24th March 2019, 06:11 AM

Personally I would also prefer new music and her touring less, but after the disappointment and joke TROUBLE was I'm kinda at a point where I don't care anymore. I'm really excited for both Saitama dates and can't wait to go, which is enough atm to keep my fandom alive.
What worries me though is that it feels to me as if her fanbase, which was pretty solid for the last years, is going to also care less simply because they're bored too. The people I know went to every single tour the last few years but are not interested in the slightest to go to this one also and frankly found the last tour already pretty boring and some of them were heavily disappointed. Of course this is just a sample size of four people, but from what I read online a lot of Japanese fans also don't seem thrilled for another small tour.
In the end Ayu has to decide what she wants to do, but if she isn't able to keep her fan base interested in what she's doing, there will be a time when there are too less people going to her concerts in order to tour as much. As soon as fans start to not care anymore and lose interest and move on for good, there won't be much that brings them back. Especially since Ayu lives from a pretty invested fanbase, those people would simply find another artist as a new hobby and won't put their current hobby on hold like Ayu does with her music.

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 24th March 2019 at 11:08 AM.