Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu: Anything Goes - the XXX (30th edition)!
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2022, 07:21 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
I personally dislike it with a passion, it's a song that I only listen to during lives. It's strange, because the reason I don't like Greatful days is kinda generic, "the happiness of the song sounds fake", but I know there are a lot of songs I love that people have this feeling about them.

However, I know it's not a bad song per se.
Interesting. What song might you consider that not to be the case for? Like a song where you feel the happiness is genuine?

I hypothesize BLUE BIRD? That’s the first that came to my mind as it is very different from her tone in greatful days. Which leads me to compare my perspective on the two.

I actually really enjoy greatful days, but can only handle BLUE BIRD in small doses. BLUE BIRD is a bit taxing for the reason that it’s SO HAPPY. Greatful days on the other hand is just fun, and it’s like I can bop along to it. It’s also got an interesting arrangement with little sound effects that add variation. I find it playful. BLUE BIRD to me is very standard and also kind of tugs at you to be REALLY HAPPY in a way that I feel I’m being dragged by it against my own will. Lol.

Funny though, cause I love HONEY, which one might criticize in a similar manner.

Last edited by Zeke.; 10th May 2022 at 07:23 PM.