Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu: Anything Goes - the XXX (30th edition)!
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2022, 02:05 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahz- View Post
Ayumi Hamasaki, a Japanese music diva, has released a new single titled “Documentary literature“ just in time for her 24th anniversary of her debut.

https://shindekudasai.com/ayumi-hama...-a-new-single/

Well now I want to hear that song
"Ayumi Hamasaki’s debut single “poker face” was released on April 8, 1998, the same year as her first album.Song for ×ד, But also her second album, entitled”LoveppearsMade in Japan was her last album and was released in 2016".

I'm also interested to listen to her second and last album, "LoveppearsMade in Japan".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Interesting. What song might you consider that not to be the case for? Like a song where you feel the happiness is genuine?

I hypothesize BLUE BIRD? That’s the first that came to my mind as it is very different from her tone in greatful days. Which leads me to compare my perspective on the two.

I actually really enjoy greatful days, but can only handle BLUE BIRD in small doses. BLUE BIRD is a bit taxing for the reason that it’s SO HAPPY. Greatful days on the other hand is just fun, and it’s like I can bop along to it. It’s also got an interesting arrangement with little sound effects that add variation. I find it playful. BLUE BIRD to me is very standard and also kind of tugs at you to be REALLY HAPPY in a way that I feel I’m being dragged by it against my own will. Lol.

Funny though, cause I love HONEY, which one might criticize in a similar manner.
I also disliked BLUE BIRD for a long time hahaha
Again, not a bad song, but it sounded flat to me. I only started to like it because of live performances.

I don't know how to explain why Greatful days doesnt click to me even now, but it's funny how I say I don't like it, but EVERYTIME she sings it live I'm 100% singing the chorus by heart

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 17th May 2022 at 02:11 PM.