Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New song:『Pray for you』
View Single Post
Old 19th February 2021, 10:36 PM
BEST Initiate

I'm looking forward to new music, but I can't say the preview excited me a whole lot - I haven't listened to it more than once. That said, it doesn't mean that I won't grow to like or appreciate it, and her vocals definitely have a chance to change that perception.

I do totally understand people not liking this kind of song, and I'm the same way. I tend to love her power ballads and ones where she uses more of a full voice, but what becomes same-y to me is the airy ballads she has been doing for the past decade (not all of them, but a lot of them - think Days-like vocals). I think a different vocal delivery would makeup for a "classic" sounding composition.

And I don't want to get into the tone policing conversation here too much other than to say I also think there's a big difference between the younger and older members of this forum and how personally they do or do not choose to take things. And of course there are cultural differences at play, since members are from around the world. If you dislike someone raving how much they love something all the time, get over it. If you dislike someone saying something is boring or uninspired, get over it. There have been a handful of members over the years who go over the top to the extreme and come across as attention-seeking, and that I understand getting annoyed with - but otherwise this is all just discourse, and a difference of opinion is natural.