Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - The C-pop/M-pop Discussion 3rd Thread
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2015, 07:53 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1111 View Post
Actually, I like the first AMIT album a little bit more. It was a great mixture of rock and pop sound with some surprises (AMIT song sung in taiwanese dialect, for example)
AMIT2 is also a great album, but I did not expect to hear electropop here. Those two tracks would fit better on A-mei's previous ablum Faces of Paranoia. But it is still the best work I heard this year! and her vocals are amazing. She sounds better and better every year! I do not know how she does it

and same question for Linoa62
How is it selling? What fans in Taiwan think about this album?
We don't have figures, but it's been doing well digitally and physically since its release (top 5)!
I read some reviews on baidu (mostly Chinese fans there), and basically they like the album, and the most mentioned favorite track was A Bloody Love Story (actually it's mine too). Can't remember the other songs mentioned.

Just like Corvina I like AMIT 2 a lot better than AMIT 1. I love this aggressive sound, the lyrics, it's exactly what I've been looking for *_* And I love all the songs, while in AMIT 2-3 songs bore me quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Tastes are different.
I actually expected Amit 1 to be "harder" in sound before I listened to it. So Amit 2 is more or less what I expected Amit 1to be. I'm really into that mix of sounds - and Rock and Electro are my favourite genres.
Amit 2 is my album of the year so far.

Btw. should we make a seperate thread for A-Mei?
I guess she has enough fans here and we would peak interest for her from others more easily.
I think she deserves her own thread indeed

Last edited by Linoa62; 8th May 2015 at 08:01 PM.