Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] Ayu to perform on 2022 FNS Song Festival First Night
View Single Post
Old 8th December 2022, 06:28 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilence View Post
The only thing i’m tired of is her performing ancient stuff. I get that it’s her classics, but she has so many winter ballads and they are just left out for stuff that people hear almost every year now. Days, Jewel, No Way To Say, Momentum, Together when, You were… and probably more! We hardly hear those ever!
She's one of their major names in music, but she's still a 25 years-old artist, a veteran. It's very rare to see some veteran performing new music (or songs released after their prime), TV music shows are destined to general public, so they tend to choose songs that appeal for a large amount of people and it will always be her major classics. So I'm glad she had the opportunity to do songs she sings often during her concerts but rarely (or never) have a chance to be performed on TV.

The last time she performed appears on TV was in 2003, during a HEY! HEY! HEY! Xmas Special. She never sang Who... on TV. So, to the general public, both songs are kinda fresh.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 8th December 2022 at 06:31 PM.