Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [II]
View Single Post
Old 21st February 2021, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
Personally I have no problem with this being completely different from A BALLADS I mean, they are two different products, I don't remember people being mad when she releseaded A BEST 2 and she wasn't crying in either cover lol
No, people weren't mad - for the simple fact that A BEST 2 is THE example of how you pay tribute to your own work. The original A BEST was a black and white shot of her face, for A BEST 2 we got a coloured shot of her face in a very similar way, but this time with a WHITE and a BLACK background. Therefore, the whole concept of A BEST 2 -BLACK- and A BEST 2 -WHITE- revolved around the original concept of A BEST and took a very clever twist with the BLACK and WHITE versions. No one wanted her to cry on the cover, because she was being creative and played with the original concept without simply recreating its most iconic aspect - the tear. She gave A BEST 2 its own identity, while being true to its predecessor.
So no, people weren't mad, on the contrary. But we are disappointed this time because we know that she can do so much better.