Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - "Who are the female artists that you wouldn't want to use in a CM?" - Ayu in 10th
View Single Post
Old 19th June 2008, 09:46 PM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halla View Post
I don't think the survey is "mean". it's just honest. their answer does not mean they don't want Ayu because she's deaf, the reason why they don't want her is because they are worried that she'll distract people from the actual product with people worrying about her condition.

it's not a big deal, most companies won't be able to afford Ayu anyways. and only top level brands use Ayu so they don't have to worry about overshadowing their product.

I wonder tho, will Ayu ever endorse panasonic audio products now that she has the ear problem? she used to do those MD & stereo commercials for panasonic too, all she now does are for lumix.
Very well said. Guys, CMs are BUSINESS! Not charity. I wonder why people mix up both This poll is not lame, lame is people complaining about it LOL Obviously there has got to be a reason for ayu to not be wanted on CMs as much anymoree. She doesn't make as many CMs as she did back then. And also, as Halla pointed the interesting question, yeah, I don't think she'll be doing the panasonic audio advertisements anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deneb View Post
O.O i don't know what to say...isn't that discrimination against disability?
Turn on the tv and start watching the commeecials. How many people with disability, paraplegic, blind, deaf, etc do you see on commercial that aren't advertising health products? Almost none. How many people look great and healthy? Many. Is there a reason for it? Obviously. Marketing works with image. They want to give you the feeling that you can look healthy, vigorous and awesome if you buy a certain product. Just imagine someone like Amy Winehouse? Do you think companies would like her to advertise their products? i think se's highly unsuited, mainly because of her image and health problems. Again, marketing is business, not charity and compassion work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelLegend View Post
Even then, I don't agree with that because I think it's false since people don't feel uneasy nor concern when they see Ayu.
Have you made an interview with japanese people to draw that conclusion? If not, you're kinda jumping to a conclusion here. Also, wasn't there a presentation ayu made in one of her concerts in which she was constantly adjusting her left ear headphone and people were getting really uneasy and concerned about it? I believe I read something about that somewhere.

Even if this happens to be fake or w/e, the reasons seem pretty reasonabe imo.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪