Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu's "worsening" voice?
View Single Post
Old 15th February 2010, 12:31 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
EDIT: If you're looking for "the face on every billboard" in English, I have it.
That is what I am looking for. If you can upload it and post it to the downloads section, it would be great. AHS used to host it and it was taken down a while back.

Quote:
And you can't deny that she has troubles singing.
She does have trouble singing, but I don't think that it's something that should always be focused upon. Yes, she's a singer, but she's not exactly a normal act. She came up from basically being "nothing" in terms of fame to becoming a pop icon within a matter of years. Her debut is probably one of the most true-to-life Cinderella stories that I have ever seen... a girl who thought she had no talents whatsoever beginning her life as a singer at the age of 19 and turning into one of the most successful Japanese pop artists the country has ever seen. She's never been strong vocally, and I think she would agree if you asked her, but I think that the emotion/heart/soul she puts into performing and getting her feelings out there in her songs more than makes up for whatever she lacks technically when it comes to her voice.