Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ~POWER of MUSIC~ 2011 A LIMITED EDITION setlists, photos, and etc. [IV]
View Single Post
Old 26th October 2011, 12:44 AM
I am... Initiate

Why do people act like I brought up "retarded americans", the american brought that up, not me. I never generalized all Americans. And you really can't count non-industrial countries when talking about what is offensive or not - acceptable or not when you compare to first world countries. There's still a few countries that hang homosexuals for example. And no, I am not being racist by saying this. It's a fact. And it's not because I think people are any worse there than in other countries, it's just that in history progress and wealth always came first and those countries didn't have that yet mostly(or are in the first stages of it).
And while it still may be offensive in other countries I have yet to see another country that makes a big fuss around it. I don't think another first world country for example censors middle fingers on TV. If anything it is a personal insult in other countries, something the person it is directed at can get offended about, not others.

And I'm not overlooking it, I see it as what it is and that is nothing to get offended over. It wasn't even DIRECTED AT US. It was a middle finger directed at a japanese audience(or japanese staff members on stage) by a japanese person. Note: japanese. A culture in which, as explained by both Japanese and westerners living in Japan, it is not offensive. We don't even know if it was meant to offend someone or jokingly.