Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu and Religion
View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2005, 07:09 AM
Replace Initiate

I'd rather NOT know what religion ayu is, personally. I don't want to have my favorite singer believe in one of several religions that I find ridiculous (there are a few, I won't elaborate), because though I'd TRY hard not to, I WOULD think less of her. I also don't want her attacked by less-quiet versions of me who find her religion ridiculous. Phantoma expressed hope in the "fairyland" thread that ayu isn't a pagan. I've done SO much research on paganism and there's nothing really anti-christian, evil, or really hateable at all about ANY of the popular pagan religions, like wicca, or even older pagan religions that are pretty much dead now.

I also REALLY don't want to see the aforementioned types who convert to ayu's religion just cuz it's ayu's. For heaven's sake, believe what YOU believe! That's why it's a BELIEF. If you just copy someone else's belief and don't think about it and calculate it on your own, then it's just an idea or a thought, not something dictating your life.

(If you don't wanna know my beliefs, don't read on. I know it's controversial.)

I'm sort of agnostic, if anyone cares. I believe in something but I don't know what, and I believe in being a good person and leaving this planet in better condition than when I got here. My beliefs are a combination of Christian ethics, Taoist/Buddhist ideals and observations about the world, Pagan mythology and metaphors, and yes, Science and Mathematics and Physics. I also believe in the power of both prayer and "love glows", and just plain being nice. I'm one of those people who thinks that no one religion has it totally right yet but they're all pretty much on the right track. ^_^