Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3
View Single Post
Old 6th April 2019, 06:01 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
Setlist (slightly corrected)
Spoiler:

01. Duty
02. Microphone
03. Pride
----Dance Show----
04. EnergizE
05. STEP you
06. Medley (Sparkle ~ Summer Love ~ Movie on without you ~ NaNaNa ~ rollin' ~ Ladies Night ~ Sparkle)
----Orchestral Show----
07. walking proud
08. Part of Me
09. BRILLANTE
10. FLOWER
----Screen Video----
11. HEAVEN
12. Medley (SURREAL ~ evolution ~ SURREAL)
13. Bold & Delicious
14. Born To Be...

encore
15. Medley (You & Me ~ AUDIENCE)
16. Boys & Girls
17. Who...

Sparkle wasn't sung alone, it was a giant medley. Personally I wouldn't call BRILLANT a "new version". Arrangement was different though, especially because of the taiko drums. Also there was no ballad version of SURREAL I think? Just your normal medley. Also AUDIENCE was just a medley too.

Overall the concert was pretty good and a lot of fun! Really enjoyed it! Setlist was great, her vocals good and no uneccessary fake crying or throwing herself on the floor. She did a great job here and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!
I had pretty good seats too, arena A blog row 12 and was close to the stage. The stage was very nicely done and looked cool, I liked it.
They also did a great job rearranging the songs and I loved loved loved the taiko drums as well as the strings!

I have just two complaints: no live band, which I find unacceptable for a concert. Especially since it sounded kind of weird sometimes how all other instruments besides strings and taiko were obviously prerecorded.
What made my friend and me feel very uncomfortable was how in the beginning during Duty and later during BRILLANT women in burqa were standing on stage for pure entertainment. Especially when looking at the current situation in Iran, with ISIS etc. and how women in other parts of the world are forced by law under this garment, are raped, stoned, lashed and put in prison for refusing to comply, this was inappropriate.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the concert!
Setlist is so good!
I don't know why they have a live band then prerecorded instruments honestly.
About the bursa, as a Muslim woman all I can say is that this is simply orientalism, and in this day and age with the Internet readily available one really has no excuses for ignorance and showcasing something that is simply a tool of male oppression.