Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3 II
View Single Post
Old 8th April 2019, 02:20 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinHamasaki View Post
I've been to her other concerts in Saitama and for some reason she doesn't perform as well there. I wonder if the acoustics there are not friendly to her - even with the headphones.

When I see her outside of Saitama she does really well!
Interesting theory. Acoustics certainly CAN play a role, but they really shouldn't. It's what in-ear monitors are for, to block out the loud instruments and acoustics so you can only hear the instrumental and room mix that was dialled in during the soundcheck. I saw her in Okinawa convention center and Fukuoka Marine Messe and she sounded ok for most of the shows. It may be her ears acting up again though. And don't forget that she will sound worse directly from the mixing board (which goes to the broadcast) than she will in the venue specifically because venue acoustics will help cover some of the flaws, but that only works when you're there in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
do you guys think her throat just needs proper rest or is it simply that she cannot reach those high notes anymore?
Truthfully, it could be one or the other with her, but most likely it's a combination of both. Rest certainly will help, and the voice can be rehabilitated to hit the high notes again, as far as I'm aware, but that will take work, healing and changing her singing technique to be less reliant on shouting to hit the notes and move toward a method that won't strain her vocal chords as much. It's definitely possible, it's just very very hard to change habits, and her ear problems don't make it any easier.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 8th April 2019 at 02:25 AM.