Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu's "worsening" voice?
View Single Post
Old 15th February 2010, 02:32 AM
count down Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Sorry, don't call anyone honey if you're trying to prove a point, and don't use some crappy song title to try and make light of this situation.
Well I had to, considering the, "She was never a good singer..." excuse came up again a few replies back, when that wasn't the case unfortunately? I feel like people are undermining Ayu for her singing abilities for God knows what reason.

And you don't like Kelly Clarkson? O_O" + :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I would say she did prove herself, but it took years for her to get to that point. Just like from 1998-2002 was her period of "training" vocally, she has probably started all over from the beginning when it comes to her vocals. You can't just suddenly just revert to the way you used to be. It's like how people have to go through therapy to begin learning how to walk again if they've lost use of their legs. It takes time, and it doesn't seem like you acknowledge that at all. I mean what if you were an artist and people kept complaining about how choppy your vocals were 3 years after you released a track even though you were performing as best as you could at the time?
Well, I do acknowledge that, which was why I said it's all right even if she can't be as good as she was, because I know she's trying. And fine I would say that after losing her hearing completely she would have to re-train everything from the basics (If she did). Doing that is difficult, and more so if you have tons of lives to do at the same time.

But maybe it's just me... but would your voice go all raspy and choppy just because you lost your hearing on one ear. I don't mind if she goes out of tune or whatever because I can understand that; but seriously, raspy and choppy voice? I can't attribute that to her loss of hearing, sorry. And if she's breaking her notes up so she can "listen" to how it sounds like, then firstly it isn't working, and secondly it obviously isn't helping much.

And I don't mean to sound harsh.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO