Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu's Teeth
Thread: Ayu's Teeth
View Single Post
Old 26th December 2008, 08:06 AM
Naturally Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
Actually you can fix your teeth solely for the reason of looking pretty, just for esthetics. The fact you have slightly crooked teeth, or a few imperfections in your teeth doesn't necessarily mean you have a functional problem in your bite or anything that might cause troubles over the teeth or the jaw joint. So if you were to think that plastic surgery is something futile because it deals with esthetics, fixing the teeth can be as "futile" because it can be just dealing with the esthetics sometimes as well. On the other hand, I'll also have to disagree about the external plastic surgery thing. People often have too many misconeptions that all plastic surgery is wrong and that's not true. Unfortunately, many people use it for futile reasons that could have been dealt with otherwise, however, just because it deals with esthetics doesn't mean it's necessarily futile. Many people regain their dignity back or at least part of it because plastic surgery exists, and I could give a couple of examples here, though I think it's unnecessary LOL Even "boob" jobs can be really important in some situations .
My orthodontist told me that having straighter teeth for aesthetic reasons actually also lead to less cavity, because brushing is easier and food is not as likely to be trapped. Granted, he was also making 6000 USD from the whole procedure. But it's pretty standard nowadays to have braces, at least in the US nowadays...

Is the procedure she used to straighten her teeth done in one sitting or a period of time? Because I remember when I had braces there was a period where I had a gap between my two front teeth, but it went away later.

It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever
lj icon-journal