Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A (inc. CDL 2018-2019) ~II~
View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2019, 12:38 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Yeah, deaf or not she went off-key, my point is just that this is a issue she most likely will never be able to fix, not because she is untalented or lazy or doesn't care or is just milking her fans, but because she actually has a physical condition that limits her possibilities of solving that issue. And she is clearly aware of that.

In a way it's like complaining tha an amazing dancer during their 20's doesn't dance as much or as good in their 50's, 60', or even in their 40's. There will be physicial limitations that really can't be solved and either they give up on
dancing or deal with realistic possibilities.

Ayu can only do as much concerning how far she can go to work around her deafness, and it's not really something that can be solved by simply having a vocal coach. Her main issue isn't fixable.

For someone who goes to her concerts, there's isn't much more to be done besides either giving up on her or setting the expectations to what she is able to deliver. What, at least in my case doesn't mean I lowered my standarts for her as a singer, as she always sang pretty bad IMO and my standarts for her on that regard were never high to beging with :B

I, and I'm aware no one has any obligation to agree with me on that, set a high standart for her as a performer, and IMO she meets my high expectations way more often than not. During this whole decade I just really disliked two of her tours, and she has a new one literally every year, more than one sometimes.

Her tour schedule is not even that much, in the sense that it probably doesn't have as much fault on her hoarse voice as people make it seens... Maybe for a japanese artist considering how small the country is, but during a busy month she is performing 3x a week tops and there are older artists with busier tour schedules out there.
Deafness =/= hoarse voice. She might not be able to sing perfectly well and again, nobody expects that from her but while deafness limits her she has proven her ability to sing well. A vocal coach can fix the hoarseness with giving her a proper technique. It has worked before too.

I agree on the performer thing but expecting a singer to simply have a fine voice (a.k.a. it not being strained), no matter if they are an okay or fantastic vocalist, is not that much. It's not like she has huge expectations to meet..

Her schedule isn't as full as many others (as I wrote earlier, check her and Celine Dion's numbers for this decade so far) but she clearly still struggles. Other artists might do way more but then again, other artists don't have hugely strained vocal chords because they perform three days in a row (not referring to ths CDL obv), unlike ayu.
Be it her simply not having the stamina (voice wise as in that even with a good technique she needs more rest than others) or a lack of vocal protection through proper technique (meaning that she could manage to do the tour without going hoarse if she had a proper technique) - something should be done. And if it's not her schedule having a big influence on hoarseness (as you seem to predict, reasonably so) then it only makes it much worse since it means her way of singing is so bad that she can't even keep her vocals in 'shape' while being on a tour that doesn't have a big schedule. And there is a difference in not being a good vocalist (range etc.) and not being able to sing without going hoarse after some dates.

Note: I won't really talk about going off-key here and there because I agree that it definitely has something to do with limited hearing, although she still handles that one quite well.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 2nd January 2019 at 01:07 PM.