Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ayumi hamasaki MUSIC for LIFE ~return~
View Single Post
Old 27th June 2021, 05:31 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

She sounded really good! I was worried with it being the last show and second of the day, but really she did well IMO!

The monitors in front of me weren’t *that* bad but I could definitely see them the whole time lol.

I personally don’t love how the show kinda went for a gothic feel, but it was nice hearing slightly different arrangements for some songs. Return Road was nice but as I was watching the stage, I couldn’t figure out what the “story” for the performance was lol.

Still, I’m glad I could go and it was nice to see her live again!

Edit: I’d say she definitely had some areas where the high notes were hard, but they strategically used the choir and chorus, so it was well handled I think. I’m not sure how that’ll translate to recorded versions though haha. A song is born was maybe the toughest at the higher parts? Today probably had some of the best vocal control at the beginning of the song. Haruyo koi was also done well, and I loved her dress.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 27th June 2021 at 08:26 PM.