Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu: Anything Goes - the XXX (30th edition)!
View Single Post
Old 28th January 2022, 08:47 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I like that he’s been relatively frank and straight forward and doesn’t really sugar coat things lol. Like how most young people now, upon seeing Ayu on tv, would ask who the obasan is without realizing how big she was in her prime.

It’s a very real and honest comment.
haha yeah! this one here

I tried to translate this part at the beginning of the video (it was more difficult than I expected as none of JA&EN language is native to me )

Max: "Hamasaki Ayumi in her heyday? Well, her heyday was amazing. I guess you guys don't know about it well. I think, looking at current ayu, young people nowadays may mistakenly think something like "Oh, isn't she some kind of enka singer obasan? Or was it Koda though, must be one of them". Well, her prime... I think young people now can't imagine, how incredible the situation was those times. Like when ayu started to attach a furry tail as an accessory, all gyaru girls in Shibuya started doing the same. That's how huge her impact was. She was tremendous."

I personally love this part about enka obasan I wonder how ayu reacts to such words though.

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto