Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] Ayu to perform/take part in a-nation stadium fes. in August
View Single Post
Old 1st September 2015, 10:13 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
I haven't seen many comments along this line of thinking but I totally agree...Wake me up was a really poor choice in this case. It's just...boring? There's nothing compelling about it, she's kind of doing her weird dance for half the song while the instrumental music plays and Kazu is being ~locked up....literally no one GAF.

If she'd come out with something like Rule, however, and started things off with a bang, it would be a different story.
I don't mind Wake Me Up as a song, but I'm disappointed she simply recycled the performance from A Best Live, you know, the whole being chained up thing, the pause, the crash, etc. It just felt very lazy, you know?

She should have done more with the Wake Me Up performance from Countdown Live 2012-2013 instead. The ropes and the netting from that performance made me think of the beach (even if there wasn't any sand or water in the performance) and it really sold the whole metaphorical crumbling "Sand Castle" theme of the song, you know?

| twitter | tumblr |

Last edited by SummonerXI; 1st September 2015 at 10:19 AM.