Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~ [IV]
View Single Post
Old 20th July 2016, 05:58 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

So I got back home after 10 days spent in China and Japan. I attended the concerts on the 17th and the 18th. Over-all I had fun as usual, the crowd seemed way more excited on the 18th (also fewer empty seats) as it seems there were a lot more fans there (on the 17th there was a family of four which seemed bored to death, the girl even fell asleep somewhere around BRILLANTE...makes you wonder why they went in the first place). On the 18th I was next to a 50-year-old wearing a kimono who was the loudest among the crowd, the guy knew every song by heart and was really into it. I had way more fun that night as next to him I could scream as much as I wanted without feeling embarrassed!

Now the details - her voice was good~great most of the time. Vocally the best performances for me were FLOWER, You are the only one, vogue and evolution and probably visually too (the effects during vogue were really nice and all). The whole show, at least visually, reminded me of Music TV shows in Japan, kitsch and tackiness. Besides the kimono used during Survivor/Until that day... and the encore clothes I didn't really like any of the dresses/costumes, though the dress she wore for Brillante/Endless sorrow/Mad world section was pretty. (Survivor also sounded great btw ).

She struggled during the bridge of rainy day on the first day, on the 18th she managed to hit all the notes properly; You were, on the 17th was mostly shouting during the chorus, while on the 18th it nearly gave me the chills until she started crying and ruined it for me xD MOON sounded pretty amazing both times. She sang Days really well, but sadly that song never did much to me. Vocally the biggest surprise was definitely You are the only one - even though it's my least fave song from the new album, it was such a joy to listen to her singing it. She blew the crowd away with it.

Everyone seemed really excited for INSPIRE, You & Me and glitter (and way less excited about BRILLANTE...).

Anyhoo the only song which I kind of disliked the way it was performed was sadly Endless sorrow...she is simply doing it wrong. Everything is fine until the chorus starts as then she starts to scream uncontrollably which she doesn't have to, but still chooses to. I think she should go for the acoustic version in the future ^_^

The concert didn't really have a WOW factor and over-all I do prefer CDM (my fave tour). I was also really surprised when evolution started, she learned to handle the song so well~ Also the SURREAL part came after evolution was done...which was kind of weird and not really necessary,

Nearly forgot - during the encore the dancers taught us the choreo for Summer Love which is relatively easy compared to MY ALL's. During the encore I wasn't really expecting The Show Must Go On so when it started I got so pumped up as it became one of my favorite concert songs last year (pretty much the same performance as last year).

Some pics:
Spoiler:

And one from Tsutaya:

Some more:
https://www.instagram.com/njanjayrp/

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 20th July 2016 at 06:11 PM.