Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New singles Terminal & XOXO ~episode 2~
View Single Post
Old 5th October 2014, 07:43 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

@orbitalaspect, there are threads made in the chatroom about possible ways to interpret/understand the albums. These contain a lot of (interesting) information of facts and questions, because the members looked mainly from an objective perspective. Not kissing the starter's ass, but these threads were genius.
I really suggest to have a look there.

Might be my bad for being on a J-Pop forum, but aside of Ayu there is no asian singer I follow. Examples of others leave me ice cold, so you are probably right when you say they do better/worse.

But your very long post did not really answer my "what keeps you waiting" question. Yes, I do understand people feel angry, sad and frustrated with the way things are taken care of in Ayu's career. But 16 years is a long time. And she still produces, she still looks for ways to deliver her music and yet she still cares. The only thing that has changed is her expression. It does or does not connect, but the solution to that problem is to respond to her subjectively. But ask me and I find her latest albums still as conceptual and emotional.

Therefore I agree that saying Ayu's career is currently 'terminal' is overreacting. As being the "boyfriend holding on the string" there are many ways to feel different, like the first step would be acceptance or changing perspective in a more objective/neutral view. Ayu is not over. Not yet.