Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 17LIVE 4th Anniversary meets 浜崎あゆみ" Singer audition"
View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2021, 12:23 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Not me thinking it was a The voice kind of thing lol Ariana’s influence I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the the translation in the official website says they're looking for a new "star/performer", a good singer is not necessarily a good performer, there are many AMAZING singers out there but they're boring af to watch, Ayu is not a legendary vocalist, never was and we know that, but she's an amazing performer and songwriter, her charisma and stage presence is stunning , not many have that, so she's definitely capable to advice an amateur performer in those aspects.
True. But I do consider Ayu to be a great vocalist actually. The live performances from 2003-2006 show what she’s capable of, but sadly bad habits added to her hearing problems did not good at all. On the other hand, she has an amazing stage presence, but I don’t think that’s something it can be teach, you either have it or you don’t.