Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.03.12
View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2021, 11:20 PM
Paper Doll Protector

^I didn't like Days when I first heard it. But, very quickly it became one of my favorites of hers and I find it to be one of her most listenable.

I think what won me over really were the lyrics because of my ten years of unrequited feelings in RL. That song hit me harddd when I took the time to listen. I guess it was a quick reminder of how relatable some of her lyrics can be. It has a very good build up, and has an innately nostalgic feeling when I hear it. It really lingers with me, and even before I enjoyed it so well, I found myself singing the melody to it more than just about any other song of hers. I had a similar experience with Who..., which I never gave much consideration to until I couldn't get the words or melody out of my head and I had to go back and listen to it to discover I really enjoyed it.

I've always felt that she sings Days very well live, too, which I think is great.

Please post your "thesis" sometime because I wanna read it. I love digging in deep about music but I don't always have the words for it XD

Last edited by DonkeyKongRemix; 22nd January 2021 at 11:25 PM.