Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary ~ [III]
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2018, 06:43 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
I can so agree with you voltron.
I also whould have loved CdM-level show as I especially planned my trip arround her anniversary and was expecting THAT super big anniversary show, but even if it wasnīt like that I wasnīt disappointed at all, but I can totally understand that ppl who expected the same as me or a 1->1 copy of original PoM are disappointed. I also whould have loved a bit more strings, a bit more glamour, but all in all I rly enjoed the show as it was, the setlost was rly awesome, her voice was good, her "acting" is srsly a bit to over-the-top but I am used to it xD
I can also understand Ayu that she is not satisfied wuth the show, maybe she wanted to do exactly that what I was talking about me (and sure most fans) expected but just couldnīt in this short time and with her condition. I have the feeling she wanted to deliver big, otherwise she wouldnīt have set up a 60 dates tour that goes until so short before her anniversary, but she just took over and overestimated her physical strengh and the limits of her body.
Alltough I whould love a bomb and many anniversary stuff diring and after the tour I just wish that she rests a bit.
I completely agree and I also planned my trip around the show and I would have loved either a true PoM version 2 or a huge CdM style show. Y'know, something extra special because of the anniversary. Tbh, my only disappointment was in the perception. I feel like she was hyping things up really early on with this tour, and it felt like her original intention was to do a Power of Music Part 2, but then something happened, maybe time, budget or physical limitations or a combo of all three. Not her fault, but it seems like something was changed or got derailed after her initial build up. For example, when I applied for tickets it sounded like there was going to be a full orchestra, so my disappointment stems from the perception I had built in my head. I'm aware she never explicitly said full orchestra, I think a lot of people including me just assumed because she re-used the Power of Music title. (Plus I'm a perfectionist in my personal life, so once I have an idealized version of something in my head, anything less will, of course, fall short, which is quite an unrealistic standard to have, but I digress). But I did actually really enjoy the show, and I do hope that I get the opportunity to see her again in the future.

To me, the most important thing is the music, so I was very pleased with how the band, the arrangements and especially Ayu sounded, and the strings were an added bonus. I still wish she had the orchestra (maybe she will for THE FINAL), but you can tell that Ayu did the best she could given whatever limitations she had on this tour and it was a good show, especially considering how limited her prep time was. Also getting to see YongAe was a really nice bonus! My main annoyance with Just the Beginning that I went to was that there was no band, so I was so happy to be able to get to see her with the live band at least once.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 18th May 2018 at 07:51 PM.