Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Koda Kumi] The 204th Thread - 20th Anniversary Tour 2020 MY NAME IS
View Single Post
Old 14th September 2020, 03:22 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

So, I watched the TV broadcast, and these are my thoughts on the tour:
Spoiler:
It's clear they went on a simpler stage, probably to have less people involved in building up the stage and preparing the props, and also to make the show more profitable, why not? But still I think Kumi pulled it off really well, loved her energy on it.
The first section is so good, so many bops, I even got to like SWEETEST TABOO a bit more now lol
Also puff really surprised me, the treadmill thing? She killed it. And the MJ-like outfit for that section was really different for her but at the same time reminded me of her business look in the Crazy 4 U video, and since she also performed the song wearing that outfit, I guess it was totally on purpose. Dance In The Rain and Moon Crying made me teary, such beautiful songs and well delivered.
The final dance part tho... I hate that whole look lol Everything looked so out of place. Still she put on a great number, you could tell she was really having fun there. And I love she performed girls, it made me feel like we were in 2007 once again hahahaha
Overall, not her best arena tour but still a fun concert with lots of energy, she really is the queen of live. I hope that until December things get better and they are able to expand the concert a little bit, be it by having more songs performed or improving stage and props. And that must be their plan since the December dates haven't all points closed.

So far I've seen some Japanese fans on twitter talking about the concert and they're praising her, Im glad people are not mad at her for touring during the pandemic.

On another subject, a friend and I came up with the theory there'll be a 2CD+2DVD BEST later on this year called "XXKK" to pair up with "MY NAME IS..." and nothing will take that away from my mind.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Last edited by Gustavopc; 14th September 2020 at 06:13 PM.