Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New ballad single coming soon!
View Single Post
Old 16th October 2014, 07:45 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeakira View Post
She can make a cheeseburger, but make a different cheeseburger every time. Try a bourbon burger, and then a bacon burger, and then a veggie burger, etc. Imagine if you went to a restaurant and they had a menu dedicated to just burgers, and by ordering each one you find out that there's only one ingredient different in each dish. You'd get pretty bored and disappointed.

mmm food analogies. I want a burger.

Although I hate dragging utada into an ayumi conversation. Can't Wait Til Christmas and Final Distance are both what I personally would consider winter ballads and they're not similar at all. Ayu can try something different for once and not make a huge depressing cry heart out lost love winter ballad. Koda kumi needs to try too. I think she's worse than Ayu. All her videos are cellphones, crying, and dead Caucasian boyfriends.
Not for me, if something is my favorite and I'm craving it then that's what I'm craving. I don't want anything else, I want what I've come to love for the reasons I've come to love it. I don't consider those songs winter ballads; winter ballads are different than ballads in the sense that they evoke the aura and environment of winter - Hikkis is a nice listen but it doesn't exude snowflakes falling from the sky while simultaneously warming the heart and soul. I prefer those grand winter-style songs. Give me another momentum/no way to say/days please.

When something has become a "favorite" it is because you have decided that certain aspects about it bring great pleasure and when the aspects you love overtime become nonexistent, then the basis for which you value and assign your favoritism begins to crumble and that's when disappointment ensues. Look at the outrage that ensues when coke altered their flavor generations ago. Lol.

In closing, when I buy a pear I expect it to taste like a pear. When I buy orange juice I expect it to taste like orange juice. When I listen to ayu, I expect it to sound like ayu.

Last edited by Zeke.; 16th October 2014 at 07:51 AM.