Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] Winter single "Zutto... / Last minute / Walk" 2014.12.24 in stores III
View Single Post
Old 18th December 2014, 02:28 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I haven't gotten to listen to this single in full yet, but as far as the vogue-far away-SEASONS debate goes... In my opinion, I feel like the only song of the three that stands alone is SEASONS (and I'm not even a huge fan of SEASONS). With the other two, I prefer the remixes. I don't agree that vogue is a high quality song, to me it sounds very cheap. And as far as eastern influences, Don't look back did it better. I think far away is better and the remastered version on A COMPLETE actually made me fall in love with the original but I love the HAL remix more because despite it being more "dancy" it gives the song a much darker and more polished feel. Although I agree that ayu's older songs are more unique, don't really find them "technically better".

I think her current music is way more polished than her older tracks. Back then I thought there was nothing better but now that ayu has continued to grow I realize that her sound is much more refined now. Even if I don't care for a track I can better appreciate how well put together it sounds.