Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - (miss)understood interview from TeamAyu magazine translation
View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2020, 10:44 AM
July 1st Initiate

thank you so much for this truehappiness and remove-mom! the interview sounds like a conversation between friends. I love the insight it reveals from ayu's worldview—some of which are the things I'd always wondered about Bold & Delicious and (miss)understood.

I'm glad that she was unfazed with the "decidedly mixed reaction" to Bold & Delicious. she sounds like a person resolute about finally getting to do what they like, no matter what people say, and I admire that.

also, the (miss)understood album photos! I remember when they came up a lot of people (including myself) remarked how 'awkward' her smile looks on the CD-only jacket—turns out she was in the middle of laughing! I really disliked the booklet photos when I first saw them, but then I saw that they were "candid" photos taken by mikajohn throughout her stay in New York. considering how much fun she was having re-visiting the town, it was no wonder she liked these pictures so much that they deserved to be on the booklet!

I love reading this so much. thank you again.