Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - m-flo loves ayu in new album 『FUTURE IS WOW』
View Single Post
Old 5th March 2014, 09:10 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
The problem is Ayu's attempts at EDM are always 5 years late. Every EDM track she tries is dated long before she even releases it... Wake me up is so 2008 it's almost painful.
It doesn't matter if it still sounds that good! It's like you will stop listening to music that was released before 2014. The dated thing is overrated. People still love A Song for xx and that was "dated" even at the time as well.

As long as the song are slayers, from what year the style is, doesn't really matter. She can release an 80s EDM for all I care. If it sounds good it's welcome in my book.

Besides, I wouldn't exaggerate with Wake me up, it doesn't sound that old. With Feel the love, it has beats that I'm sure that even David Guetta still uses nowadays. It's just that they don't make it sound like what are on the radios, or Rihanna-style. And maybe it's better, since maybe it's a sound ayu wants for herself, for others it can sound dated, or whatever. Dunno. Feel the love doesn't sound like JLO's Waiting for tonight.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 5th March 2014 at 09:18 PM.